Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Monogrammed Heart-shaped Pincushion

As you can tell, I like to make most of the gifts I give throughout the year...so much joy in the making, so much joy in the giving! I have learned there are those out there who appreciate a handmade gift much more than others...and hopefully I do a good job of matching the gift to the person. Here is yet another birthday gift I made this past month...I couldn't show it to you earlier, as I hadn't had a chance to give it to the recipient. I machine embroidered the design on Weeks Dye Works Wool Fabric...it was done in a 5" x 7" hoop and is a nice sized pincushion. The digitized design is from a set by Fancy That Designs called "Redwork Pincushions" and I used my monogramming software to add the letter M. I was very happy with the end result and plan to make a few more in the future....maybe even one with the letter B (because you all know I love my pincushions!)...

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! I love that!! ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love visiting your blog and seeing the lovely projects you are always making. You've inspired me to take a few sewing classes this fall (rotary cutting and more, quilting basics 101 and a class for a gorgeous wool handbag, I'm really looking forward to that one!) I'm hoping to be as good at finishing as you are one day. P.S. I have a few of your x-stich designs in my stash too!

    ReplyDelete