Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Witchy Cat Treat Sack

My studio has been buzzing lately and I have been working on an assortment of designs and samples for AccuQuilt - including some new pieces for Halloween and autumn/Thanksgiving. Today, I thought I would share my new GO! Witchy Cat Treat Sack...a trick-or-treat tote with a fun witchy cat machine embroidery pocket on the front.  This tote bag utilizes the following six GO! Dies:
The GO! Calico Cat with Witch Hat Embroidery Design on the front pocket was digitized by V-Stitch Designs to coordinate specifically with AccuQuilt cutting dies - and I thought it was quite inventive to use a ribbon twist and a feather to create the witch hat! You can find these V-Stitch machine embroidery design sets (and many more) on the AccuQuilt website or visit the V-Stitch Designs Etsy shop.

The fabric collection used for this themed tote is Halloween Magic by Bella Blvd for Riley Blake Designs...doesn't it work wonderfully?? I just love the stars, pumpkins, and spider webs - these are happy Halloween prints!

This patchwork tote was quite enjoyable to design and very fun to put together! If you are not a machine embroidery fan, you could always used a cotton print for the pocket...and of course, you could make the same tote for a variety of holidays/seasons...I have even made one with a floral print and machine appliqued a flower on the pocket (I'll have to share it in a future post). For a variety of prints, you can trim down a charm pack for the patchwork...one tote needs eighteen patchwork squares, so you could make two totes from most charm packs! The pattern gives you complete instructions and a beginner can definitely handle it...and now would be the perfect time, as the pattern is FREE (for a limited time) on the AccuQuilt website ...simply visit:
http://www.accuquilt.com/shop/go-witchy-cat-treat-sack-pattern.html to download the PDF pattern...






I hope you will try making your very own GO! Witchy Cat Treat Sack or maybe use this pattern for your own special creation...and if you do, I would love to see your version!

Thanks for stopping by...and be sure to visit again soon - I will be sharing several autumn/Thanksgiving projects that you won't want to miss...

4 comments: