Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Sweet Valentine Treat

Last night, while I was in the middle of one of my model stitching marathons, the "frog" paid me a visit...it frustrated me beyond belief and I knew at that moment I needed to take a few moments away from my needlework. I decided to try a little machine embroidery project that has been in my pile since last Valentine's Day...some In-The-Hoop Heart Pop Wrappers - a fun and simple machine embroidery project from JesseKate Designs...and if you have an embroidery machine, the digitized file is available for free (yes, FREE) at SWAKembroidery.com. I thought these were totally adorable! You need minimal supplies - wool, sewing thread, scraps of ribbon, pinking shears, and your embroidery machine....and oh yes, the miniature lollipops (at first, I tried regular size Valentine BlowPops and they are just a bit too big to fit). In just over a half hour, I made 10 of these fun lollipop covers that will make a nice Valentine's Day treat for friends and family! It was thoroughly enjoyable to take a few moments and work on something with instant gratification. I have several other neat Valentine ideas I would really like to try, so hopefully after market preparations, I will be able to make a little more time for sewing and quilting....

8 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! Thanks for sharing
    Prim Blessings! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so adorable! Way to go, Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute - Great quick gifts to make too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable...too bad my children are all grown up and out of the house! And, I am trying to cut sugar...LOL!

    Happy Stitchin'
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're so cute, Belinda! Thanks for sharing the link :)
    hugs,
    babs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great idea. I have been in the midst of a huge sewing room purge and am itching to get stitching. :)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete