Monday, April 8, 2024

Nature Sings Fabric Tour

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com
Happy Monday - welcome to my stop on the Nature Sings Fabric Tour - thank you so much for dropping by for a visit. I am thrilled to be sharing such lovely fabrics from Poppie Cotton today! I have some very special projects lined up, created with the new Nature Sings fabric collection designed by Lori Woods for Poppie Cotton. I enjoyed putting on my quilt designer hat and playing with these stunning prints. This brand new fabric collection (shipping to quilt shops this month) has a truly wonderful focal fabric - a bold floral. The entire collection shows a love of nature...and there is a print with the sweetest little birdies! Plus, there are prints featuring roses, daisies, lavender, and flower bunches…and a large gingham check print…all done in a soft, but striking color palette. The tiny details in this collection make my heart smile!

This Poppie Cotton collection brings me joy - it has a lovely springtime feel! I knew a table runner for my large farmhouse table was going to be in the works, along with a couple smaller projects. This month, for the runner, I didn't use a pattern - in fact, as usual, I just started playing around in EQ8 and made it up as I went along. I also whipped up a patchwork project bag and a whimsical pincushion.

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

To start, I created a table runner with alternating appliqué blocks...one with a circle appliqué and one with a flower appliqué. I decided to offset the rows to give it a modern feel. The table runner measures 48" x 18" and works perfectly for my kitchen table. I used a fat quarter stack with each of the prints from this collection...and a little bit of Country Confetti for the background, binding, and flower centers. I don't know if I will write a pattern for it - it depends on demand - leave a comment or send me a message if you would like to see me release a pattern…

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Next, I made the cutest patchwork zippered pouch. I used each of the prints, cutting 2" squares (1.5" finished)...and added a color coordinated zipper pull...I also added a floral ribbon tag. This is a medium-sized project bag,  measuring 9" H x 9" W - perfect for a small pattern and materials.

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Finally, I created a whimsical appliqué pincushion - I added hand-dyed rick rack from Lady Dot Creates and tiny 1/2" buttons...plus some abstract machine stitching. It measures 8" x 4" and is stuffed with fiberfill and sawdust shavings. I added some cute decorative pins from my collection, and viola - the sweetest pincushion to add to my growing collection!

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

I hope you have enjoyed this stop on the fabric tour and are feeling inspired - thank you for visiting with me today. For more creative projects using the Nature Sings fabric collection, visit the Poppie Cotton Blog. If you love this fabric collection, be sure to check out your favorite quilt shop and request it - Nature Sings is shipping this month.

I am already working on my project ideas for the next Poppie Cotton Fabric Tour in May - it is using the fabric collection "Sweet Tooth" (think Halloween! - click to see a preview). Plus, I will have a new Therm O Web project tutorial posted on April 17th, as well (it is a fun panel project)…so, be sure to stop back soon...

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. What wonderful items you created with this fabric line! The fabrics are fresh and spring-like. Each item is a beauty, my friend. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Belinda: I have been AWOL for a while so sorry, I love the new fabric line, thank-you for sharing the ways you have used it, you are so creative and have lovely finishing techniques.
    The pin pillow is adorable love the buttons but the ric rack has my eye, so sweet.
    The table runner is beautiful, perfect pairing of colors and fabric designs.
    I am looking forward to the April 17th post.

    Catherine🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your designs for use of this new fabric are so pretty. I love the project bag and pin cushion!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable projects and fabric line!

    ReplyDelete