Saturday, April 15, 2023

Songbird Wisdom - New Cross Stitch

Songbird Wisdom ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com
Greetings friends - I'm so happy you stopped by for a visit today!

First of all, thank you so much for the super sweet comments and messages regarding my ThermOWeb designs - I am so thrilled you like my project tutorials! I look forward to sharing more pattern tutorials with you in the coming months...

My new overnight schedule means less interruptions, so I have been working on all sorts of creative projects...and today, I am here to tell you all about one of those projects....yes, it's a new cross stitch design alert! I just released a brand new cross stitch design called "Songbird Wisdom" and it is available in both paper pattern and digital format in my Etsy shop. This design contains charting for both the Green Tree and the Singing Bird designs – each with TWO lettering options (one lettering option is Back Stitch with Cross Stitch Over-Two and the other lettering option is Cross Stitch Over-One), stitching instructions, stitch diagrams, and comprehensive finishing instructions. 

Long time fans may recall a similar design I did for The World of Cross Stitching Magazine ten years ago. I gave the design a facelift, made some charting changes and additions, and finished it in my personal style (years ago, the magazine finished the pieces to fit their particular look and gave it a generic name). I have always loved this Chinese Proverb that offers joyful words of encouragement and hope - I wanted to release this design in my catalog with my own personal vision.

Here are a few more details...

Songbird Wisdom (BRD-132)

Songbird Wisdom ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

This pattern includes two designs that fit together. I opted to stitch each on a different color of linen, but it would look great with both on the same color of fabric. I chose two different finishing options (instructions for both are included in the pattern). 

The first finishing option is a quilted wall hanging (would look great in a frame, as well). For this option, I stitched the "green tree" on Zweigart 28-count Cashel Summer Khaki (3281-323) and the "singing bird" on Zweigart 28-count Cashel Antique Ivory (3281- 233). This options shows the Back Stitch lettering for the verse. I used two fat quarters of cotton quilting fabric for the finishing, along with Hand-Dyed ½” Rick Rack from Lady Dot Creates (Chianti). 

Songbird Wisdom ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

The second finishing option is a set of bowl fillers/small pillows (would work great as ornaments or knob hangers, as well). For this option, I stitched the "green tree" on Lakeside Linens 40-count Wood Smoke and the "singing bird" on Lakeside Linens 40-count Pearled Barley. This option shows the Cross Stitch Over-One lettering for the verse. I used a cotton quilting fabric for the backs, along with Hand-Dyed Pom Poms from Lady Dot Creates (Chianti and Ballerina).

Songbird Wisdom ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

All models were stitched with Weeks Dye Works Cotton Floss and DMC conversions are included.

Paper pattern: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1447587816/songbird-wisdom-brd-132-counted-cross

Digital pattern: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1447591256/songbird-wisdom-brd-132-counted-cross

I really hope you like this cheerful, inspirational design - I truly enjoyed creating it!

Now, if you made it this far, you get a very funny TRUE story. We all know our household is on the night shift, so I find myself working into the wee hours...and let's be honest, this schedule has me a hot mess. Last night, I sent my dear friend Terri a text and asked her to proof this design before I listed it (she kindly proofs all my designs). I went to bed at 5:00 AM (and woke up at noon) to a text with just a few things I had to fix - five total typos for fourteen pages, which I was pleased with...until I saw the first correction. It was for the cover page - arguably the most important page...and it was for the title. Somehow, I had typed "Songbird Wisdoom" and didn't catch it (and I was working in Adobe Illustrator, so it does not spell check). I laughed so hard at this - wisDOOM kind of sums up my life perfectly right now. I hope sharing this makes you chuckle...it made me laugh out loud!

Songbird Wisdom ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Next up, I will be adding a new sewing/quilting pattern to my catalog, so stay tuned for that...

...and, I have needlework finishing and custom work to complete for clients...piles of sewing to complete for my Etsy shop...another project tutorial for the ThermOWeb Blog that will be available in May...plus my blog will be a stop on the Hollyhock Lane Fabric Tour for Poppie Cotton in a little over a week, so I will be back to visit with you again before you know it! 

Thanks for stopping by today and for always being so supportive of my creativity...💗

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - “wisdoom” could quite possible be the most appropriate title if I ever write my autobiography!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 (Don’t worry - I have no plans to ever subject the world to my story.) This has always been one of my favorite quotes I do a lot of talks on gardening for birds and this quote is on the very last slide of the presentation. I will be moving this chart to the top of the list of projects to stitch. THANK YOU!!! Hugs, ~Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new design , hugs June,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this when you said it was going to be in the magazine! I am glad to see it come out of the design closet for a revised look and offering to the stitching community. Chuckling over "Wisdoom"! And thank you for providing the letter options for those of us who prefer either stitching over 2 or for the stitchers who don't stitch on evenweaves. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Belinda: They are both beautiful designs, I need to stitch these.
    Thank-you for your creativity.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete