Friday, July 10, 2020

Halloween Haul

Hello stitching friends! Although we are in the midst of a very HOT and humid summer, it looks like many of you are working on autumn and Halloween projects. I always enjoy checking out creative blogs and social media to see what my fellow stitchers and quilters are working on and I keep seeing fall projects popping up everywhere...perhaps you are all ahead of the game OR perhaps thoughts of autumn and winter are keeping you cool during the heatwave...OR maybe it is the release of the 2020 Just CrossStitch 
Halloween Special Collector's Issue. This annual issue is quite impressive with 58 spooky designs...and it looks like there is something for everyone - including Blue Ribbon Designs fans - yes it's true, I have a spooktacular design in this issue!

You can find my "Halloween Haul" wall hanging starting on page 36. This "sweet design" is a relatively quick stitch and I provided finishing instructions for the quilted wall hanging...OR this design will fit perfectly in a standard 8" x 10" frame (when stitched as directed on 32-count fabric). The stitch count is 98H x 129W and the finished design size measures approximately 6.125" H x 8.125" W . I stitched the model on 32-count Tarnished Silver from Lakeside Linens with Weeks Dye Works Hand Over-dyed Floss...and DMC Cotton Floss conversions are provided. The linen matches my photo as seen in the upper right-hand corner much better than the image depicted in the magazine and shown below (it is gray, not purple). For some reason, I always lose the lottery with photography in this particular publication (insert eye roll here)...




....AND look for another special Blue Ribbon Designs Halloween project in the October 2020 issue of Just Cross Stitch Magazine (an ornament)...I can't wait for you to see it...

...and of course, I designed a Christmas ornament for the upcoming Just Cross Stitch 2020 Special Christmas Ornament issue!

Things are buzzing along in my studio and I will have quite a few new needlework finishes to share with you soon. This weekend, we are headed to Iowa - but I will be back to visit with you again soon....

4 comments:

  1. This is a great design!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Halloween piece is adorable, Belinda! Safe travels to and from Iowa! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab , lovely design .
    Enjoy your weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda: The new design is adorable, congratulations on a design in the Halloween issue.
    I am looking forward to seeing the Christmas issue with your design.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete