Monday, December 30, 2019

Season of Sewing

Happy holidays to all my readers - I hope you have been having a joyous season!

I spent most of October, November and the beginning of December in a needlework finishing frenzy...but for the last couple weeks, I have been able to get back to some custom sewing projects. I thought I would stop by for a very quick visit tonight (as I am recovering from a terrible stomach bug) and share a plethora of project bags I completed the last couple weeks...along with an additional sewing project.

To start, I will share an assortment of my large and small project bags...for these particular bags, all the fabrics were provided by clients. I have quite a few zippered bag orders right now - an assortment of large project bags, small project bags, and a few tool bags...plus some custom panel project bags...yes, I am sewing up a storm to catch up! I continue to have quite a few questions on the patterns I use and the sizes of the bags...so I thought I would clear up any confusion. My project bags are made from my very own pattern that I designed specifically for cross stitch patterns and supplies (it is not available for sale)...all of my bags have a zipper across the top instead of the front...and all of my bags have enclosed seams (no raw/exposed edges on the inside of the bag). I use a custom die cutting system for consistent size and minimal fabric waste. My zippered bags are popular with clients who want to provide their own favorite fabrics - my clients get to shop and pick the fabrics they love (for themselves or for gifts), then ship them off to me and I create the requested size(s) of choice...


Here are details for my four most popular sizes:

Large Project Bag (most popular size):
Size: Approximately 14.25" W x 10.25" H
Designed for full size patterns measuring 8.5" x 11" and supplies.

Small Project Bag:
 Approximately 10.75" W x 7.75" H
Designed for half sheet patterns measuring 5.5" x 8.5" and supplies.

Tool Bag:
Approximately 9.25" W x 7.25" H
Designed for small projects and or tools/accessories.

Artist Bag (Over-Sized Pencil Bag):
Approximately 9.25" W x 4.5" H
Designed for needlework tools, colored pencils or supplies on the go...


My custom bags are made to order (most commonly, my customers supply fabrics of their choice). When time allows, I make them for my Etsy Shop (with fabrics I choose). The four sizes listed above are my basic/most requested bags, but (for a small additional fee) I can make them to any size requested. Should you like more information (pricing and fabric size details), please e-mail me (link also in profile). You can see all sorts of photos on my Instagram page...and see what is available and read my reviews by visiting my Etsy shop...









Finally - I did a little additional sewing and quilting a couple days before Christmas. I wanted to try out a new stocking template...and I was itching to try a new transparent quilting thread that came highly recommended (which is FABULOUS!). I decided to use a fun word fabric that I have a partial bolt of on hand -  Mama Said Sew Revisited by Sweetwater for Moda (click on photos to enlarge). I was so happy with how this quilted stocking turned out and will keep this template in my arsenal for custom orders. For photography, I thought it would be really cute as a seamstress stocking filled with sewing notions - which (coincidentally) would be the ultimate stocking for me! Unfortunately, Santa didn't come fill it (there is always next year)...but I think it will be very cute to hang in my sewing studio...




I'll be back soon with a couple fun needlework finishes and some more creative projects.

As 2019 comes to a close, I am reflecting on the last 365 days...it sure has been another busy and artistic year...I hope you will take a moment to reflect on the past year and the many blessings bestowed upon you. Thank you for supporting Blue Ribbon Designs and your love and support throughout the year! I wish you a happy, healthy 2020 filled with joy, laughter, and creativity!
HAPPY NEW YEAR...

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year .
    You have been busy , love all your sewing .

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bags are all so pretty.
    Happy New Year!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best project bags!!!!!!! ❤️😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful assortment of bags you have created for your clients, my friend! Love the stocking you created as well! Wishing you a very happy, peaceful, and productive New Year! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete