Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Freeze Frame Mug Rugs


Hello creative friends! Be sure to head over to the AccuQuilt Blog today for my latest guest blog post...there you will find a complete tutorial for my "Freeze Frame Mug Rug", perfect for holiday gift giving...

This project is perfect for a beginner...and the entire project was cut on my GO! Fabric Cutter (project is GO! BigGO!, and GO! Baby compatible) using:

GO! Qube Mix & Match 6” Block (55775)
  • Dies Used: #1 GO! Square 3” Finished, #2 GO! Square 1½” Finished, #4 GO! QST 3” Finished Square, #5 GO! HST 1½” Finished Square, and #8 GO! Rectangle
GO! Qube 6″ Companion Set-Classic (55779)
  • Dies Used: #9 GO! Chisels
GO! Strip Cutter-2″ (1 1/2″ Finished) (55025 or 55164) (binding only)...


My winter mug rug is created with both traditional piecing and machine appliqué...and with the small size, it can be worked up rather quickly. This project is great for scraps or fat quarters...and while I used cotton print fabrics, it would look great in solids or batiks...and one of my favorite things about this design - once you build the house, you can embellish it with any of your favorite motifs - I chose pine trees, but it would look great with an assortment of snowflakes, reindeer, or even a Santa! You could also change up the scenery and make it for any season. Using the 6" Qube and Companion, it finishes a nice size (9”W x 6”H) - but you can adjust it to any size Qube/Qube Companion to make it larger for a runner, candle mat or table topper.


So  be sure to stop by the AccuQuilt Blog for a materials list and step by step tutorial, with images: 
https://www.accuquilt.com/blog/education/go-project-tutorials/freeze-frame-mug-rug-a-quilting-tutorial/

I know they may look a bit complicated, but I show step by step how to create them...a beginner could have several created before Christmas! 


Finally, I would like thank everyone who has voted for my video in the Husqvarna Viking #sewworthit Video Story Contest (see the prevous post for more details)! I truly appreciate your support. The competition is heating up and I only have a slight lead (several people have even copied my video idea - using images, think bubbles, and music - GRRR!). I hope you will visit the following link and view/vote for my video....you don't have to sign-up or sign in or leave any personal information - simply click on the link, then click vote - easy peasy! ...and to those who have shared my link/details in their groups and on social media - I appreciate you more than you know - you are AMAZING! Thank you for helping me try to win my dream sewing and embroidery machine...
http://woobox.com/eyk7zi/gallery/DvLFOHRtQis

2 comments:

  1. Belinda, your mug rugs are adorable. What a fun way to decorate your spot for chatting and coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are too cute, and a great idea.
    Crossing my fingers that you win your dream machine. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete