Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pincushion and Pillow Pizzazz

I must admit, I am a bit behind on my blogging...it has been difficult to find balance lately. Yes, I have been stitching my heart out and I will have some new Blue Ribbon Designs to show you soon...and I have started stitching my 2014 fundraiser piece for my Komen 3-Day walk (a little hint, it has an autumn theme!). I am also busy working on the new website...and I have been scheduling time to quilt and sew daily.

I finished a couple more equilateral triangle projects over the last couple days...both using the brand new Bullseye Equilateral Triangles Die Set (1", 3", 5", 7" Finished Sides) for the Studio Fabric Cutter by AccuQuilt. I wanted to try out the 1" triangle size (yes, I said 1" triangles!), so I made the cutest little pincushion...it is approximately 3" W x 4.5" H. I added several decorative pins, a piece of rose lace, and a little tag for gift giving.


I also did some piecing of 3" equilateral triangles...and I took a photo that shows the difference in size...


I am just in love with this pillow! It is made from the fabric collection Pom Pom de Paris by French General for Moda...and the accents and backing are from the Rouenneries Deux collection by French General for Moda. It is approximately 18" W x 16" H...and I made my own custom pillow form. I am just tickled with this pillow...it makes me happy!



I have also been working with 7" equilateral triangles and 7" hexagons to make two new chair cushions with ties for my studio...more on those in a future post.

So, as always, it's been a productive and creative week...thanks for visiting!...I'll be back with more projects and stitching posts soon...

7 comments:

  1. absolutely BEAUTIFUL pillow. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pincushion and pillow, Belinda! Very creative!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thought exactly - 1 inch triangles!?! I love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always much too busy - but so creative. Love your new items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are having fun with triangles! Love the projects - especially the pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. J'aime beaucoup le résultat!

    ReplyDelete