Saturday, July 6, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up

"Red Rosies and Pink Posies" a Blue Ribbon Designs
chart exclusive to those who make a donation on my
Komen 3-Day fundraising page. For details:

http://blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com/2013/07/red-rosies-and-pink-posies.html
First of all, I have to start by thanking everyone who has made a donation on my fundraising page supporting my Komen 3-Day 60-mile walk in November - the response has been tremendous and I am overwhelmed and humbled by your kindness, generosity, and HUGE hearts. I have received the most touching e-mails and correspondence and I thank you all! I also want to thank those of you who have shared my Facebook posts, blog post, and tweets with your needlework friends - I REALLY appreciate you helping me spread the word by telling your friends about "Red Rosies and Pink Posies", my Blue Ribbon Designs "pink" design exclusive for donors. Thanks to all of you, I have surpassed the required fundraising amount of $2,300 and I am well on my way to surpassing my goal of $6,000...in fact, at this time, I have passed the $4,000 mark...which is so thrilling - it is making me quite emotional just thinking about it. I have always said that needleworkers are incredibly generous and have the biggest hearts...and this truly proves my point. Please help me keep the momentum rolling and the donations coming in...working together we can all make a difference!

For those of you who have made a donation and received the PDF of Red Rosies and Pink Poises, Elegant Stitch has put together a linen/thread package to support the chart and are giving a substantial discount. They are only making a limited number of these linen/thread packages and this special offer ends next Friday, July 12th. For details, visit: http://www.elegantstitch.com/what%27s%20new.htm and read the news for July 3rd. Lois at Elegant Stitch is a dear friend, captain of the Twinkle Toes team (and a breast cancer survivor), and has been extremely supportive of this special "pink" design!

Next up - as I continue my training and fundraising, I have to start putting together all the needed supplies for the walk...including several more pairs of shoes (which are extremely expensive, so if you are in the "shoe business" and can help me out, please let me know!). My husband is on sleeping bag and air mattress duty...and I have a list of other needed items to pack. I have already purchased my airline ticket for California, so things are really starting to come together. In the coming weeks, I will be posting new items in my Etsy shop to help with all the expenses...I will keep you updated when they will be available.

In other news, I found out earlier in the week that Blue Ribbon Designs made the cover of the 2013 Just CrossStitch Ornament issue, due out in early September. My ornament ("Redbirds Rejoice") is just below right of center...two redbirds on pine branches with the words "Hope", "Joy", and "Love". Look for this magazine favorite in your mailbox, or at needlework shops and newsstands later this year...



And finally, here is a fun video of our kids, Schazti (German Shepherd puppy) and Simba (Shih Tzu)...Schatzi is learning to "shake paw" and Simba is watching and wanting in on the treats/action...



I hope you are enjoying this July 4th weekend...and keeping cool in the summer heat!

2 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to read about the generous hearts of fellow needleworkers. It is truly inspiring design for a most worthy cause.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and worthy cause. Aren't stitchers the best?
    CONGRATULATIONS on your ornament being on the cover of Just Cross Stitch ornament issue!

    ReplyDelete