Thursday, August 4, 2011

Little Bluebird

After a couple hectic weeks preparing the new market releases, I was thrilled to get out of my office/studio today to help my friend Mary celebrate her birthday - we made plans a couple weeks ago and it was perfect timing. We took a mini road trip to one of my favorite quilt shops a little over an hour away (Quilts & Other Notions in Creston, IA)...then had lunch at a great little Mexican restaurant in the area. I found some wonderful fabrics (seen below) for the Winding Ways quilt I want to get started on (in my spare time) and a couple Halloween print fat quarters...we enjoyed a yummy lunch, had a chance to catch-up and giggle, then it was back to Des Moines (and reality).

Once I dropped Mary off and unloaded my car, I headed out to do a long list of WAY overdue errands. In the midst of things that had to be done, I made a quick stop at Archiver's to see if they had a tool in stock I was looking for (they didn't)...but, they were having a free mini card workshop - where I made the card shown (upper right)...isn't it cute?! I am still kind of a newbie to cardmaking, but have found I really enjoy it. The little card shown was quite fun to make and I got to try out some products I had never used before, including Distress Ink and a Xyron Mega Runner Adhesive Gun. I loved making this sweet little card and hope to make many more in the future...

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a day out with your friend! Neat fabrics! Love the note card you made! That bluebird is precious! Is it quilled?

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little card with the quilled bird. Very cute. Nice fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup..i also love love the little card with the quilled bird...so sweet..and very nice fabrics xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fabrics are gorgeous! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is cute, cute. I love your new designs and wish you much success and luck at market! Sounds like you are making an interesting new quilt - look forward to seeing the progress.

    Sherry
    itsallaboutsherry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete