Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Christmas in April

As some of you know, I am suffering from a terrible head cold...I have been miserable for a few days. In the midst of feeling awful, the most incredible surprise package arrived for me, giving me a wonderful sense of comfort. My dear friend Terri had mailed me the most perfect box of treasures! This package is actually a Christmas package...but something she special ordered took months to arrive...so I get to celebrate Christmas in April - which is AWESOME, because I get to spread out the joy (it actually came when I needed it most). This special box included a GORGEOUS wool pin cushion (from The Daily Pincushion)...a bumble bee magnetic needle nanny (from Puffin & Company)...and some AMAZING decorated pins (from one of my favorites PuntiniPuntini - I absolutely adore these pins)! I'm sure you can see why this package brightened my day - who can feel miserable with beautiful, new needlework tools??...and they are nice and springy too!! Thank you Terri - your surprise added some sunshine to my day...

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful surprise! You are so very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty pin cushion and those pins are cute too! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear you're still sick but I'm sure that gift made you feel much better. The pins are gorgeous!
    Take care and I hope you're back to yourself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful surprise! I use that little magnet to hold my scissors on my stitching; it is so strong! The pins and pincushion are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon - What a lovely surprise !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome package to receive! Glad it brightened your day!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful surprise! All that blue so bright, bees, flowers, pins. What a happy package and I do hope you start feeling better soon.
    hugs,
    babs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous package - love the pins. Glad it cheered your day.

    ReplyDelete