This little quilted treasure is called a "Sewing Companion" - it is done completely in the hoop on my embroidery machine and was digitized by Birdhouse Cottage Crafts. Inside, there is a pocket for your scissors...a wool page for your pins and needles...under the wool is page of quilt batting to collect your orts...and under those pages is a little hidden pocket (seen in photo below) - perfect for a needle threader, package of needles, or a skein of floss. This fancy little "book" (3.25" W x 5" H) travels well and gets loads of attention....I almost always have one in my stitching bag! These two posed a bit of a challenge for me, as I wanted to use some discontinued sampler fabric from Rhubarb and Ginger by Blackbird Designs for Moda and I didn't want the quilting to take away from the fabric design - I ended up using clear nylon thread for the quilting...and of course I left off the embroidered words from the original design. I really liked how they turned out....
So you want to know about the giveaway??
There will be two winners:
- 1st Place: One Sewing Companion (one from the photo), complete with scissors...and some needles and pins. 1st Place winner will choose either the red or the brown companion (red companion will come with red scissors, brown companion will come with gold stork scissors).
- 2nd Place: One Sewing Companion (one from the photo), complete with scissors...and some needles and pins. 2nd Place winner will receive the companion not chosen by 1st Place.
You can receive multiple entries - one entry for each of the following:
How to enter and particulars - please read carefully:
- Leave a comment = 1 entry
- Be an official follower (current or new) = 1 entry
- Follow on Twitter = 1 entry
- Post about this giveaway on your blog = 1 entry
A sample entry may look like:
Words, words, words...your comment.
I follow your blog.
I follow you on Twitter (User ID).
I posted about your giveaway on my blog (blog address).
A comment like the one above would be worth four entries (entry information will be confirmed). I will be choosing the winners by random draw on Friday, November 19th - entry cutoff time will be Thursday, November 18th - 11:59 PM CST. Winners will be posted here on Saturday, November 20th. I will contact the winners via email - you will have 48 hours to respond, if I do not hear from you in that time, I will choose a replacement winner.
So those are all the "details" - good luck to each and every one of you!!