Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Bunting and Berries - NEW Quilt Pattern

Bunting and Berries ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com
Yes, you read that title correctly - I have yet another new quilt pattern! This is my “Bunting and Berries" - a wonderfully sized lap or throw quilt. This quilt measures a manageable 50" W x 50" H. It's the perfect size to snuggle up with in a recliner or on a sofa...or to take on a picnic...or to curl up with on a cool, outdoor evening. The pattern contains comprehensive/detailed instructions with all sorts of color diagrams...and it includes coloring sheets for each block to easily adapt to your favorite fabrics, along with detailed instructions for Four-At-A-Time Flying Geese units. This 21-page pattern is designed to easily use your favorite fabric collection, is fat quarter friendly, and is good for all skill levels. You can find this new design in my Etsy Shop, in both paper and digital format...

Bunting and Berries ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Paper Pattern: https://blueribbondesigns.etsy.com/listing/1770515606
Digital Pattern: https://blueribbondesigns.etsy.com/listing/1770518918

I designed this quilt at the beginning of the year for Poppie Cotton using a fabric collection that is shipping to shops this month called Market Day. I wanted to create a fat quarter stack friendly pattern...and I wanted focus on the delicate prints in the collection. I enjoyed fussy cutting the centers of each star with a wonderful focal fabric (Nesting Dolls) and I cut the Bunting Prints to point towards the center of the quilt. It was a joy to create and put together. It is traditional piecing with Rising Star Quilt Blocks and Sashed 8-Patch Quilt Blocks (a simple quilt block I created for this specific project). One of the things I love about this quilt is, it can be as planned as you want (like I did the model with fussy cutting) or as scrappy as you want (using up what you have on hand!).

My model was beautifully longarm quilted by:
Quilting by Leslie
19800 W 207th St, Spring Hill, KS 66083
816-509-5610
quiltingbyleslie@gmail.com
Leslie does an incredible job on my model quilts!

Bunting and Berries ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Bunting and Berries ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Thank you so much for visiting with me today and checking out my latest quilt pattern. I will be back tomorrow for my turn on the Market Day Fabric Tour, where I will show more images of this special quilt.

For now, I am back to the studio...I am scrambling a bit right now to get things done before I leave for a trip to Paris and London in September. I have a lot to do in a very short amount of time...

2 comments:

  1. Hello Belinda: This quilt is beautiful, the dolls in the middle add such a sweet touch, you are so creative and show such a beautiful talent for combining colors and fabric prints.
    So sorry I have not been commenting, we had a problem with our PC and had to get a new one plus the security from Norton will not allow me to get into some sites.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful quilt you have created, dear friend! And such a pretty fabric collection!

    ReplyDelete