Sunday, July 7, 2024

Pretty Posies Pouch - Cottage Charm Pattern

Pretty Posies Pouch - Cottage Charm ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com
I thought I would stop back today and talk a bit about my other new quilt pattern...which is actually a revisited quilt pattern - my "Pretty Posies Pouch." This adorable patchwork pouch is a versatile addition to any tote bag. It can hold quilting and/or stitching tools or a small project...or can be used for health and beauty items...really any small items you need to travel or transport. The small patchwork (mini charm) squares show off the variety of prints...and you can always fussy cut the squares to feature your favorite motifs. I added a removable wrist strap (using a Swivel Clip with D-Ring) and a coordinating zipper pull for added embellishment. This mighty little bag measures 9" W x 8" H x 2" D, making it a perfect accessory for any tote bag. I used a fun focal fabric for the back side of my bag (cute little cottages), using the patchwork only on the front...this gave me the "best of both worlds" with a variety of small quilted squares on the front and lovely favorite print on the back! You can find this new design in my Etsy Shop, in both paper and digital format...

When I started working with the Cottage Charm fabric collection by Kenzie Elston for Poppie Cotton months ago - I thought the prints were perfect for this pattern. I had so much fun fussy cutting some of the cottages and motifs to showcase for this design. I actually worked up this and my other projects in this new collection for Poppie Cotton to take to Quilt Market. The results looked so cute, I decided to put out a new version of my Pretty Posies Pouch pattern featuring this fabric and some new notes/instructions. Don't worry, if you were one of the few that purchased the original pattern, no need to replace it - it is almost identical, minus the photos and some better wording. I just thought I would brighten it up with these gorgeous fabrics, especially for those who aren't fans of the collection I used for the original....or missed this versatile pattern altogether.

Pretty Posies Pouch - Cottage Charm ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Pretty Posies Pouch - Cottage Charm ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

This zippered pouch was created by cutting mini charm squares. It features a removable wrist strap - that is easier to add to a bag than one might think! It can be made with one mini charm pack and a couple fat quarters of any fabric you choose, but I thought it was wonderful in these charming cottage prints. The directions and diagrams in this pattern are quite thorough, so this is great project for all skill levels. I used Poppie Cotton Country Confetti Waffle Cone Yellow for the lining and wrist strap (to match the Mini-Medi Tote Bag I showed off yesterday).

Paper Pattern: https://blueribbondesigns.etsy.com/listing/1743029512

Digital Pattern: https://blueribbondesigns.etsy.com/listing/1757224909

The previous cover model was created with the Dots and Posies fabric collection from Poppie Cotton.

Pretty Posies Pouch ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Pretty Posies Pouch ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Pretty Posies Pouch ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

I really wanted to showcase how easy it is to create this pattern in any fabric collection (or scraps!) and how versatile it really is! You can still find the original version with the Dots and Posies fabric in my Etsy Shop in both paper and digital format.

Thank you so much for visiting with me today and checking out one of my new/revisited quilt patterns. Next month I will have a brand new lap/throw quilt pattern, created with the sweetest upcoming collection from Poppie Cotton (Market Day). ...and just wait until you see the amazing quilting - my dear friend Leslie (Quilting by Leslie) did the quilting on her longarm for me and it makes it even more special. Stop back in August to see this new pattern I am calling "Bunting and Berries!"

Pretty Posies Pouch - Cottage Charm ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Your pouch looks super in this fabric line, my friend. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Belinda: I cannot say I have a favorite they are all my favorite, they are beautiful.
    Again you show your talents and beautiful fabric choices, lovely, thank-you

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete