Thursday, July 18, 2024

Patio Placemats

Patio Placemats ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com
Greetings friends! It is new project tutorial day - time to share my July project created for Therm O Web with you! I always enjoy putting on my Fabric Education Designer hat and creating new projects/tutorials to share with you on the Therm O Web Blog. Each month, I share a new project and you give you my tips and tricks for using their adhesives and interfacings. For the month of July, the blog is focused on projects for summer celebrations, county fairs, farmers markets, and gardening. I created a brand new project that was posted yesterday - it is a complete project tutorial for my "Patio Placemats" featuring HeatnBond Iron-On Vinyl. My comprehensive tutorial contains a detailed supply list and step-by-step directions with color photos (and you can find a short tutorial video on my YouTube channel and Instagram page). This is a versatile, beginner friendly, summertime project. I hope you will stop by the Therm O Web Blog and check out my fun, useful design...

Patio Placemats ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

This is an afternoon project that can definitely be a scrap buster and works great with fat quarters! You can use your favorite fabrics to create your own vinyl placemats. These placemats are water-resistant, durable, and have a pocket to hold those paper products that easily get blown away with a breeze. Plus, you can use your favorite fabrics to brighten up any outdoor dining space (how about your favorite team fabric to watch a big game outside or novelty fabrics for an outdoor movie night? – there are so many fun possibilities!). The added bonus – they wipe clean with a damp cloth!. For this post, I used HeatnBond Iron-On Vinyl (Matte), Fusible Fleece, Medium Weight Interfacing, and HeatnBond Fabric Fuse PeelnStick Fabric Adhesive Tape...plus, I give you some pro-tips in my post. Visit the tutorial post for a complete and detailed supply list.

Patio Placemats ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

To find the seam roller and wonder clips used in my post, along with other supplies/tools listed, visit my Patio Placemats Supply List on Amazon (full disclosure: as an Amazon Influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases - I only share products I actually use - and I truly appreciate you shopping from my links, thank you!)

Are you familiar with Heatnbond  Iron-On Vinyl? Heatnbond  Iron-On Vinyl is a flexible, water resistant coating that you iron onto the top of your fabrics to laminate them. It comes in a gloss or matte finish, is permanent, and is sewable with a regular or non-stick foot. It is a UV resistant, water repellent material that can be used with fabric or paper. Iron-on vinyl allows you to laminate your favorite fabrics - perfect for make-up bags, placemats, tote bags, chair seat covers, aprons, art smocks, etc...

If you have questions on any of the Therm O Web or HeatnBond/SpraynBond products or would like to see a specific type of product in one of my projects, drop me a comment or email.

You will have to visit the ThermOWeb blog for my complete tutorial and pattern, but I am posting a few photos here...

Patio Placemats ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Patio Placemats ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Here is a direct link to the project tutorial:

https://blog.thermoweb.com/patio-placemats-featuring-heatnbond-iron-on-vinyl

I hope this project gets you excited to create something special and unique...

I am creating monthly projects for the Therm O Web Blog and I will be sure to post here when I have a new tutorial available. My next project will be available on August 13th...and I am working on another fun project for summer...

Thank you for stopping by for a visit today - I always enjoy sharing with you. Have a great week and make time to work on something creative...

Patio Placemats ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea, Belinda! So clever! What a pretty way to dress up your picnic table. I'm also thinking it would be a fun table accessory for families with young children either at home or out in a restaurant. Well done! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coolest. Idea. Ever. Just… wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You come up with amazing ideas .

    ReplyDelete