Wednesday, June 19, 2024

On-the-Go Stitching Portfolio

On-the-Go Stitching Portfolio ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com
Greetings friends! It is new project tutorial day - time to share my June project created for Therm O Web with you! I always enjoy putting on my Fabric Education Designer hat and creating new projects/tutorials to share with you on the Therm O Web Blog. Each month, I share a new project and you give you my tips and tricks for using their adhesives and interfacings. For the month of June, the blog is focused on projects for travel, camping, summer appliqué, and scrappy solutions. I created a brand new project that was posted yesterday - it is a complete project tutorial for my "On-the-Go Stitching Portfolio." My comprehensive tutorial contains a complete supply list, printable pattern with templates, and step-by-step directions with color photos (and you can find a short video on my YouTube channel and Instagram page. This is a fun, summertime project...and works great for organizing and traveling with a handwork project. I chose some cheerful colored fabrics from the Waved collection by Erin Borja for PBS Fabrics. I hope you will stop by the Therm O Web Blog and check out my project and tutorial...

On-the-Go Stitching Portfolio ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

This is an afternoon project that can definitely be a scrap buster! You can use your favorite fabrics and/or fabric scraps to create your own portfolio. This stitching case will easily fit in a project bag or tote or purse and can even hold a half-sheet (5.5" x 8.5") pattern. For this post, I used HeatnBond products (Fusible Fleece, Medium Weight Interfacing, E-Z Print Iron-On Adhesive Sheets, and Lite Iron-On Adhesive Tape)...plus, I give you some pro-tips in my post. I also used gingham ribbon and wool blend felt. Visit the tutorial post for a complete and detailed supply list.

On-the-Go Stitching Portfolio ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

On-the-Go Stitching Portfolio ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

To find the ribbon and wool blend felt, along with other supplies/tools listed, visit my On-the-Go Stitching Portfolio Supply List on Amazon (full disclosure: as an Amazon Influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases - I only share products I actually use - and I truly appreciate you shopping from my links, thank you!)

Are you familiar with HeatnBond Lite EZ-Print Iron-On Adhesive Sheets? I use these for almost every project I create with appliqué. HeatnBond Lite EZ-Print Iron-On Adhesive Sheets are paper backed, iron-on, sewable, double-sided adhesive for bonding fabric without extra weight or stiffness - and the best part?? - they measure 8.5" x 11" to fit in a standard inkjet printer - NO TRACING INVOLVED! The templates I provide for each of my projects are printed on 8.5" x 11" paper, so you can print the templates directly on the HeatnBond Lite Adhesive sheets and skip the tracing step. I always have these stocked in my sewing studio!!


If you have questions on any of the Therm O Web or HeatnBond/SpraynBond products or would like to see a specific type of product in one of my projects, drop me a comment or email.

You will have to visit the ThermOWeb blog for my complete tutorial and pattern, but I am posting a few photos here...

On-the-Go Stitching Portfolio ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

On-the-Go Stitching Portfolio ©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Here is a direct link to the project tutorial:

I hope this project gets you excited to create something special and unique...

I am creating monthly projects for the Therm O Web Blog and I will be sure to post here when I have a new tutorial available. My next project will be available in July (I don't have the date yet)...and I am working on another fun project for summer...

Thank you for stopping by for a visit today - I always enjoy sharing with you. Have a great week and make time to work on something creative...

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute, but oh so useful accessory, my friend. I can see it worked up in seasonal prints as well. Well done! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You come up with some great ideas , enjoy your week/

    ReplyDelete