Friday, March 8, 2024

Finding Wonder Fabric Tour

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com
Happy Friday - welcome to my stop on the Finding Wonder Fabric Tour - thank you so much for dropping by for a visit. I am thrilled to be sharing such bright and happy fabrics from Poppie Cotton today! I have some very special projects lined up...all created with the new Finding Wonder fabric collection designed by Sheri McCulley for Poppie Cotton. I enjoyed putting on my quilt designer hat and playing with these songbird prints. This brand new fabric collection (shipping to quilt shops this month) has truly wonderful focal fabrics with the cutest, sunshiny birds....plus butterflies, bugs, blossoms, hearts, twinkles, stripes, and florals…all done in a soft, muted color palette. These pretty pastel prints make my heart smile!

I recently designed a new large tote bag pattern that I will be releasing later this year and I thought it would be fun to test it out with this fabric collection and give you a little peek! I already have an oversized tote bag pattern (Forty-Five Tote Bag) and a medium-sized tote bag pattern (Mini-Medi Tote Bag) in my current catalog...and this one fits in-between as a large tote. It has a fun shaped pocket on the front and on the back...and has large pockets inside. I had fun creating the patchwork and putting this extremely useful bag together. Look for this pattern to be released in August 2024, created with an upcoming Poppie Cotton fabric collection.

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

...and as I do for most Poppie Cotton fabric tours, I created a unique project bag (to carry in my coordinating tote) and a pretty little pincushion. I made a large patchwork project bag - that measures approximately 12.5" x 12.5"...and for a cute little embellishment, I used a Poppie Cotton selvage with butterflies for a bag tag. I incorporated a heavy-duty metal tooth zipper and a fun zipper pull to finish it off...

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

For my pretty little pincushion, I used small triangles (1-1/2" finished half-square triangles) to create the tiny patchwork...then, I fussy cut and appliquéd one of the bird motifs from the Tweeting Yellow print. I enjoyed picking out some coordinating specialty stick pins from my collection...don't the little tulip pins match perfectly?! This petite pincushion measures approximately 2.75" x 5.5".

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

I hope you have enjoyed this stop on the fabric tour and are feeling inspired - thank you for visiting with me today. For more creative projects using the Finding Wonder fabric collection, visit the Poppie Cotton Blog. If you love this fabric collection, be sure to check out your favorite quilt shop - Finding Wonder is shipping to shops this month.

I am already working on project ideas for future Poppie Cotton fabric releases - just wait until you see what they have in store for the next few months! Plus, I will have a new ThermOWeb project tutorial posted in a few days (on the ThermOWeb blog on Monday, March 11th)…so, be sure to stop back soon...

©Copyright 2024 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. These are such pretty fabrics that you used as a base for your new tote bag, project bag and pincushion projects, dear friend. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet set of bags and adorable pincushion! Looks like a fun collection!

    ReplyDelete