Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Pick of the Patch Kitchen Towels

Pick of the Patch Kitchen Towels ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com
Greetings friends - happy Tuesday! It is new project tutorial day - time to share my October post for the Therm O Web Blog with you! As a Fabric Education Designer for Therm O Web (they are the makers of all those wonderful HeatnBond and SpraynBond products), I create projects and tutorials for their very popular blog each month. I share a fun, new project and give you my tips and tricks for using their products. For the month of October, the blog is focused on fall and Halloween designs. I created a brand new project that was posted yesterday - it is a complete project tutorial for my "Pick of the Patch Kitchen Towel." This quick and easy fall project contains a complete supply list, printable pattern with templates, and step-by-step directions with color photos. The model uses a standard cotton dish/kitchen towel found in home or discount department stores and cotton quilting fabric (autumn and solid prints); as always, I encourage you to use fabrics/scraps you have on hand, to make this kitchen towel your own. I hope you will stop by the Therm O Web blog and check out my project and tutorial...

About this design:
The base towel is a standard cotton kitchen towel found pretty much any place you can purchase home goods (mine measure approximately 20" W x 28" H, but directions work for the size you have on hand). It is embellished with a focal fabric print across the bottom and several autumn appliqué motifs. This project can easily be completed in an afternoon and is suitable for a beginner. It also makes the perfect hostess gift - simply use a pretty ribbon to tie it up with a cookie cutter and/or potholder and a wooden spoon - you can even add a favorite recipe card.

Pick of the Patch Kitchen Towels ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

This seasonal sewing project is perfect for fat quarters or scraps. I used HeatnBond FeatherLite EZ-Print Iron-On Adhesive Sheets and SpraynBond Basting Adhesive Fabric Spray...plus, I give you tips for using each item! I also used a Pressing Paper Fabric and Craft Sheet to protect my work area. Visit the tutorial post for a complete and detailed supply list.

Let's talk about the HeatnBond FeatherLite EZ-Print Iron-On Adhesive Sheets. HeatnBond EZ Print FeatherLite is a paper backed, iron-on, sewable, double-sided adhesive for bonding fabric without extra weight or stiffness. This lightweight formula is great for this particular project, as it gets even softer after laundering. It comes in 8.5" x 11" paperbacked sheets that fit an inkjet printer - simply load a sheet into your printer to print the applique templates provided in my tutorial - no tracing necessary!! 


If you have questions on any Therm O Web products or would like to see a specific type of product in one of my projects, drop me a comment or email.

You will have to visit the Therm O Web blog for my complete tutorial and pattern, but I am posting a few photos here...

Pick of the Patch Kitchen Towels ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Pick of the Patch Kitchen Towels ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Pick of the Patch Kitchen Towels ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Here is a direct link to the project tutorial:

I hope this project gets you excited to create something special and unique...

I am creating monthly projects for the Therm O Web blog and will be sure to post here, when I do...my project for November is scheduled to be posted on November 16th...and, as always, I am working on a very fun, seasonal idea!

Thank you for stopping by for a visit today - I always enjoy sharing with you. Enjoy the rest of your week and make time to work on something creative...

Pick of the Patch Kitchen Towels ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. These are darling, dear friend. What a wonderful idea and way to dress up plain kitchen towels. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Belinda: What a beautiful pair of towels, you have inspired me to do this on towels, I like the added fabric on the bottom, perfect addition.
    Thank-you for sharing.
    So sorry for the late comment its been nuts around here.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete