Thursday, May 11, 2023

A Huge Milestone and a New Quilt Pattern

Mini-Medi Tote Bag ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com
Greetings friends - thank you for stopping by for a visit today...and it is a BIG day!! I can't believe I am typing this...today is my 1000th blog post...yes, you read correctly, my 1000th post. I'm really not sure how that is possible...it doesn't seem like I started yesterday, but it doesn't seem like I started fourteen years ago, either. My first post was May 18, 2009 - so yep, fourteen years ago this month...that just doesn't seem feasible. Many of you have been here since the beginning and I am thankful you have continued to visit with me over the years. It has been a joy to share snippets of my life with you - this creative space has treated me well, been a diary of so many life events and creative endeavors, and a place of friendship and kindness...it has also been my voice, when needed. As I look back at my very first post (and posts throughout the years), I can see so much growth in who I am as an artist, photographer and writer. Thank you for joining me on this journey - my heart is full.

On to today's news...a BRAND NEW quilt pattern.  Introducing my “Mini-Medi Tote Bag" - a medium-sized tote bag made from mini charm squares. This versatile tote has two rounded pockets on the outside (one on each side) and two large pockets inside. It measures 12.5" W x 12 H x 3" D and has a handle drop of 5.5"....the perfect size for a couple cross stitch projects, or as a daily tote, or a trip to the farmer's market. The pattern contains comprehensive/detailed instructions with all sorts of diagrams and a template for the rounded pocket. This 11-page pattern is designed to use your favorite fabric collection, is precut friendly, and is good for all skill levels. You can find this new design in my Etsy Shop, in both paper and digital format...

Mini-Medi Tote Bag ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Mini-Medi Tote Bag ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Mini-Medi Tote Bag ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

The cover model was created with the Kitty Loves Candy fabric collection from Poppie Cotton and 1-yard Country Confetti Licorice Black from Poppie Cotton (for linings and handles), plus HeatnBond Fusible Fleece. I also did a test bag using the Renew fabric collection by Sweetwater for Moda (see below).

Paper Pattern: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1478728707/mini-medi-tote-bag-quilt-pattern-paper

Digital Pattern: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1478737849/mini-medi-tote-bag-quilt-pattern-digital

Mini-Medi Tote Bag ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Mini-Medi Tote Bag ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Mini-Medi Tote Bag ©Copyright 2023 Belinda Karls-Nace/Blue Ribbon Designs, LLC http://www.blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com

Thank you so much for visiting with me today and checking out my new quilt pattern. I will be back really soon to share some needlework finishing and a new ThermOWeb project tutorial. For now, I am back to the studio, where my project bins are full. My husband and I are taking a road trip to Iowa this weekend to see the best of friends and attend the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival, so I am trying to make a good dent in my workload beforehand. Until we visit again, happy creating!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 1000th blog post! I've ready many of them and enjoy them all. Your newest pattern for the tote bag is adorable. Enjoy your weekend in Iowa! I've lived here all my life, but have never visited the Bacon Festival...I can only imagine the mouth-watering atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1000th blog post, dear friend! I can't believe that it has been 14 years since you started writing your blog. Your new tote bag pattern is a beauty. Who doesn't like an awesome tote?!?!?! Enjoy the Bacon Festival and eat some bacon for me. Thinking of you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Belinda: Your bags are beautiful, I love the pocket farm scene.
    14 years goes by so fast, being in my seventies tells me so, giggles.
    I love Iowa, there are so many beautiful places to visit.
    I hope you have a ball there.
    Congratulations on 1000th post on Blogger amazing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete