Friday, August 21, 2020

Creative Week Wrap-up

Happy Friday readers! It has been another creative week in the studio. With my holiday finishing deadline in just over a week (September 1st), orders that need to be returned in time for Christmas have been pouring in and keeping me on my toes. I had a nice mixture of projects to complete this week - both needlework finishing and sewing/quilting. The needlework finishing photos featured today (I'll share the sewing/quilting finishes with you in a future post) were all stitched by one very talented needle-artist and dear friend -  and it was such a lovely grouping of pieces (again, these are not my designs or stitching, just my finishing work). I have provided designer details with each photo...and the gorgeous hand-dyed chenille, tape measurer trim, and lace are all from Lady Dot Creates...fabrics shown in individual photos were used for backing/lining. 

La D Da - Gentle Words

Scattered Seed Samplers - Little Berry Thief Pinkeep

Heart In Hand - Stitching Bird

Little House Needleworks - Rose Sampler

Heart In Hand - 2018 Collector's Heart
This chart contains both cross stitch designs shown (the stitcher
asked to have one on the front and one on the back)...

Threadwork Primitives - Life's Sweetest Flower

Ink Circles - This Heart of Mine

Little House Needleworks - Saltbox Village

Little House Needleworks - Season of Love

I also can share a piece of personal stitching I completed as a birthday gift for my super sweet friend Mary. This is Blackbird Designs "Small Token" (Reward of Merit Pincushion). I stitched it on 32-count Sand Dune by Lakeside Linens, with the called for Crescent Colours threads (now Classic Colorworks). For finishing, I used the fabric in the photo (from a retired Blackbird Designs collection) for the backing and hand-dyed cotton lace by Lady Dot Creates. Cross stitching, personalizing and finishing this small design was a nice break from my workload, as I don't have a chance to stitch gifts as often as I would like...

This afternoon I am headed back into the studio to work on a pile of project bags, a nice reprieve from all the needlework finishing...and if I can make a little personal quilting time, I would really like to finish my Christmas in July "Jelly Snowflake" quilt from the Fat Quarter Shop Sew Along - I kept up with the weekly block piecing in July, I just need to make time to quilt and bind it. I also have a small hand embroidery design I am working on in my stitching nest that I would like to complete. Wishing you a happy and creative weekend....

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful finishing on all the designs.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous finishes you created for your client's pieces, my friend! Love each of them, but my favorites are the bag and the Stitching Bird. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work on your finishing. I really like the Ink Circles design.

    ReplyDelete