Saturday, April 18, 2020

Samplings from the Studio

It's been a productive week in the studio and I am steadily working through piles of overdue client orders. The last few weeks have been a whirlwind, but I am finally back in my studio and getting through my bins of projects, one by one. It is feels good to actually start crossing things off my to-do list. Today's post contains sewing, quilting and needlework finishing...all for one very special (and very patient) customer (and dear friend). I started this order before we unexpectedly headed up to Iowa and it is finally complete - eight pieces of needlework finishing, two project bags, and a quilted stitching mat. I shipped these beauties to Virginia earlier this week and they are now safe and sound in their new home. I have since finished a couple more orders (which I will share soon) and I am ready to start cutting the next project bag order this evening. It feels so good to be creative during this "stay-at-home stretch"...

Quilted Stitching Mat
Fabric: Heritage Reds & Blues by Dover Hill  Studio for Benartex Fabrics

Backing was from another collection - found in my stash.

Two Large Project Bags


Autumn Leaf - from a kit by Heart in Hand

Snow Bird from Tiny Tidings XIX by Lizzie Kate

Berry Thief by The Gentle Art/Catherine Theron

Hayride Happenings - Blue Ribbon Designs

It's You I Like - Itiskismet Stitches and Bendy Stitchy

Regal Red Christmas - Milady's Needle (2010 JCS Ornament Issue)

Stitched Together by a Common Thread from Petal Pusher Designs

...and here is what one of the new masks I have been working on looks like...the  Face Mask Templates (small, medium and large) that I ordered from Claire at Shop Stitch Buzz work really well and save a lot of time...I cut around them with my tiny (18mm) rotary cutter. This is one of the medium size masks...


Thanks for stopping by today - I hope you have the chance to work on something creative this weekend! I will be back real soon with some more gorgeous finished projects to inspire you...

2 comments:

  1. Great looking mask you created and glad the template saves you time! Your sewing, needle work finishing, and quilting are incredible. Thank you ever so much! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty finishing.
    A cute collection of smalls too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete