Monday, April 13, 2020

A Quick Update

Hello friends. It's been too long since my last post...and I finally just forced myself to sit down for a quick visit. There has been a lot going on behind the scenes here and life just seems a bit out of balance. I'm going to do a quick catch-up and then share a few recent finishes...

First of all, I wish to thank everyone who reached out to me (and my family) during the recent loss of my father-in-law. Many of you know that my husband and I just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary...and that we have been together almost 23 years (I'll post a wedding throwback photo below)...so Richard (my father-in-law) has been a huge part of my life. In March, I spent some unexpected quality time in Iowa with my husband, mother-in-law and extended family for the military service - all made even more difficult by the current pandemic...and while it was a very small service, we plan to have a celebration of life when things are back to the (new) normal. I have many comforting memories of Richard and was blessed to talk with him several times before his hospitalization. Here is a photo I took of him that makes me happy - he has a genuine smile and his canine companions (Charlie and Pepper).



Not only was it our 20th wedding anniversary last week, but it was exactly one year since we moved to Kansas...which doesn't even seem possible. While I still really miss my Iowa friends family, Kansas is finally starting to feel like home. We have some wonderful neighbors and I can actually say I have made some good friends on our new street. The construction in our neighborhood is almost complete...last year at this time, we were the only people living on our street...and now, most of the homes are occupied...and we even got a new street light installed in front of our house a couple weeks ago. Our neighbor Eric has a fancy drone and took some lovely aerial photos of our neighborhood...these give you a good view of our surroundings. The cows aren't back in the pasture just yet...but I am hopeful we will see them soon!




Yes, I have been making masks...not for sale, but for those working/traveling during this challenging time and those with compromised immunity...just a small thing that I can do to help. Since my husband works in management for UPS and they were notified that it is "strongly encouraged" for them to wear masks, I got right to work...I made some out of some fun "brown truck" fabric I had in my stash for his management team that made me smile. I have a list of requests that I am working through in my "spare time"...and then, if they are still needed, I may make some for sale...I haven't decided...many of you are asking...I really don't want to profit off of the pandemic...supplies and time are a factor...so we'll see...




I am working like mad to catch up on customer orders and finished a large one today (pictures will be in a future post). My workload queue is overflowing - and I am very blessed to have some extremely patient clients. Here is a sampling of projects I finished up in March...












I have quite a few more photos to share with you - I have been doing lots of sewing and quilting (I made a lovely table runner) and lots of needlework finishing - I will be back to share those soon....plus I am working on some projects with a future fabric collection from Poppie Cotton that I will share in August (I'll give you a peek at the fabric real soon). For now, here are a couple photos I snapped of "the kids" on Saturday after one of their play sessions...



I hope you are happy and healthy and finding a positive way to manage during these challenging times...be well...

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are adjusting to your new home & area.
    That fabric is perfect for the UPS workers!
    Very cute finishes, & the dogs are beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly Condolences on your loss. He certainly looked like a lovely man and I hope you find ways to celebrate his life over the coming months. Secondly, Hearty Congratulations on your Anniversary.. Plenty of happy memories there. Lastly, what wonderful finishes you have to share.... I look forward to being inspired by more lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda, I can't believe you have been in Kansas for a year. Boy, that time has flown! I love the picture of your FIL with his pups. What a beautiful assortment of finishes; each one is incredible! Wishing you and Travis continued happiness! Thinking of you! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete