Monday, December 19, 2016

Warm Winter Wishes

Countdown to Christmas (BRD-077)
Ready to turn the piece for today...
Greetings friends! It is a chilly day here in Iowa - perfect for spending a little time at the sewing machine or curled up with a cross stitch project. It has been a whirlwind of creativity in my studio the last month - finishing up freelance jobs, custom finishing, and special holiday orders...and trying to fit my own handmade gifts in the mix. I am happy to say I finished up all my big deadlines last week and finished up my holiday gifts over the weekend...and I am now down to just a few projects that were not included in the holiday rush (those who are waiting, thank you for your patience)...whew! The last few packages are shipping today...and I am ready to get the house cleaned up and ready for Christmas...and get the last few items checked off my Christmas list. I managed to hang all my framed Christmas cross stitch pieces and place a few decorative bowls with holiday ornaments and smalls throughout the house...yes, I know, I have been saying it for too many years to count - I *need* to get a tree to display my cross stitch ornament collection which has surpassed well-over 100 stitched ornaments (one day, I a tree will be in the budget, but until then, I will find creative ways to display the ornaments throughout the house).

I want to thank everyone who voted for my video in the Husqvarna Viking #sewworthit contest to win a Designer Epic (my dream sewing and embroidery machine). I placed third in votes (VERY close to second place when the contest abruptly ended)...and while they encouraged everyone to make creative videos, the contest was based on the most votes - so, I will be receiving the runner-up prize - a $500 prize package of sewing notions and supplies, which we all know I can definitely use...so a HUGE thank you for voting and supporting my entry - I truly appreciate it! While my dream didn't come true, my heart is full from all the love and support I received...thank you SO MUCH - I may not be blessed with the sewing machine of my dreams, but I am truly blessed to have great people in my life that support my creative passions! I'll be sure to post a photo of my prize package when it arrives.

Here are a few photos of things I can share (including some recent shots of some of my Christmas cross stitch models)...more details on a couple of these will be posted in the near future...

Peppermint Twist (BRD-076)

Just Add Tinsel (BRD-089)

A machine applique Americana design in progress...

Poinsettias and Pines (BRD-059) 

A custom order Stitch Starter Ruler Sleeve with my BRD Stitch Starter Ruler...

A new pattern I created for AccuQuilt - the GO! Piece of My Heart Strip Quilt
I will post more details very soon....

My "All Bundled Up" Fabric Baskets
Details coming soon along with a full tutorial on the
AccuQuilt Blog later this month...stay tuned....
I'm off to work on some custom orders and a few new items for my Etsy shop...then some household chores...and tonight I will be in my cozy stitching nest working on a new design model. I hope you are enjoying the holiday season and (if you are in the COLD zone) keeping warm!

2 comments:

  1. What fun things you shared today, Belinda! Your fabric baskets are adorable as is the heart wall hanging. Stay warm, sweet friend! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you didn't win the machine.
    But, you are getting and awesome-sounding prize anyway. :)
    Cute Christmas projects.
    Love Countdown to Christmas.
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete