Wednesday, December 21, 2016

On the Cutting Edge...

If you are a regular reader of my blog, then you know there is always a special project going on in my studio...and earlier this year I had my design hat on, creating a plethora of quilt blocks and projects for the new AccuQuilt GO! Qube Companion Sets. Now, I know these have been available for a few months, so you might already have seen all of this...but I have quite a few AccuQuilt enthusiasts that follow my blog....and so, better a little late than never. Plus I wanted to share what I designed/created for these versatile new die sets...

I'm sure you all remember my excitement when the GO! Qubes were released (if not, you can read my blog post here: https://blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com/2015/11/quilt-block-heaven-in-qube.html)...so you can probably guess that I was "over the moon" when AccuQuilt decided to release a GO! Qube Companion Set to coordinate with each size of GO! Qube - seriously, how cool is that?! The GO! Qube Companion Set-Classics is available in each of the four GO! Qube sizes: 6",  8", 9", and 12"....and is designed to expand the possibilities of what you can create with the existing GO! Qube Mix & Match Blocks. Each Companion Set includes four classic shapes labeled 9-12 (a continuation of the 1-8 die numbering system from the GO! Qube Mix & Match Blocks), a cutting mat, an instructional DVD, and a 20-page pattern booklet. Yep, it's pretty awesome! The four GO! Dies included in the GO! Qube Companion Set-Classics are:
  • GO! Chisels (Shape 9)
  • GO! Signature Block (Shape 10)
  • GO! Drunkard’s Path-Arc Shape (Shape 11)
  • GO! Drunkard’s Path-Quarter Circle (Shape 12)



The fun thing for me...I designed/wrote all the patterns for the GO! Qube Companion Set Classics-72 Block Pattern Booklets (for each of the four sizes)...and that includes the new Mix & Match block patterns included in each box! Plus I designed/wrote the pattern for the GO! Cutting Edge Throw Quilt (for each size) that is included in the Pattern Book in each set. I was pretty ecstatic to see the finished product when the sets were released! Right now, you can download both the GO! Qube Companion Set Classics-72 Block Pattern Booklets and the GO! Cutting Edge Throw Quilt patterns on the AccuQuilt website for free (yes, FREE!). Here are links and photos for each size...












It is always rewarding to share some of the projects I have had the pleasure of working on...it just took me a little time to get around to these. I hope you enjoy exploring the links and downloading the free patterns/booklets...and if you have a GO! Qube Companion Set, I would LOVE to see what you have been creating...

Tomorrow, I will be back to share another new pattern design that uses the GO! Qube Mix & Match 9" Block and the GO! Qube 9" Companion Set-Classics...a colorful sampler quilt!

3 comments:

  1. Go Belinda! I am so thrilled for you on this endeavor. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you!
    They are all beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always amazed at everything you create for AccuQuilt and....have time for cross stitch! I used to stitch but haven't done it for about 15 years. I look forward to seeing what you create in 2017!

    ReplyDelete