Monday, October 31, 2016

Homespun Halloween

Happy Halloween to all my friends, family, and followers! I can't believe my Halloween cross stitch calendar revealed the final motif for the month of October today...I'm not quite sure where the year has gone - it seems it has disappeared rather quickly...and soon Thanksgiving and Christmas will be upon us (GASP!). My neighborhood celebrated Halloween last night with trick-or-treaters rushing from house to house getting their fill of candy - I always look forward to seeing the creative costumes that show up on our front porch....and last night I saw some great ones - including the best Ghostbuster I have seen (with an illuminated backpack) and an adorable horse (her mom had sewn the costume). I also enjoy seeing some of the fun decorating that happens in our area...here is photo I snapped of a front yard just up the street from us...I see they are ready for the negative election campaigns to stop - it made me chuckle.


Over the past fifteen years or so, I have celebrated my love of Halloween by designing quite a few needlework charts and  sewing projects especially for this time of year...I thought it would be fun to share a collage that includes many of my spooky pieces...you can find additional information on each of these pieces by exploring my website and/or Etsy shop (including "Behind the Gate" - the Halloween calendar shown above)...enjoy!


Finally....since it is always 'all about the squirrel' - even on Halloween...I had to share an image of the front of a Halloween card that arrived in my mailbox this week from a very dear friend....it made me smile immediately when it arrived! Inside, it says "Peek a BOO!"....

May Jack-o-lanterns burning bright
Of soft and golden hue
Pierce through the future's veil and show
What fate now holds for you.
                                                           -Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Trick or Treat greetings to you, my friend! What a cool photo montage of your Halloween piece! The squirrel card makes me giggle.

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Halloween designs.
    The card is too cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete