Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Winter Break...

It's been a busy week, finishing up last minute deadlines and orders before I take a vacation - yes, you heard me, I am taking a REAL vacation (gasp!). Yep, I am getting away from heaping mounds of snow and headed to the beach and Disney World...a true winter vacation (my first EVER). I managed to get quite a bit on my list accomplished...I still have a few irons in the fire, but they will wait until my return...or at least I hope they will.  I continue to stitch daily on my special design for the October 2015 issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine...and I am getting ready to start a couple Halloween models for The World of Cross Stitching magazine that will also be published this fall. Plus you will see Blue Ribbon Designs in a couple of quilting magazines in the very near future...

The last several days were spent finishing up a special custom order...it included a couple quilted window coverings, a project bag, and needlework finishing (a Stitch Starter Ruler Sleeve). The customer supplied the fabrics...which were all gorgeous and fun to work with...and provided a pattern booklet she liked for the window coverings (Graphic Mixx by Atkinson Designs - Corn Rows Quilt). I did my best to make the window coverings AccuQuilt friendly...and was happy to only have to trim down one size of the triangles (luckily I had my favorite trimming ruler - the 6 1/2" Triangle Square Up Ruler by Quilt in a Day - to make trimming the 5" half square triangle blocks easy and accurate). These custom window coverings came together beautifully and I managed to get the binding finished today (whew!).






So, I will be away from my studio/office from February 5th through February 12th...all correspondence and orders will be answered/filled in the order received upon my return on February 13th...I truly appreciate your patience! I am sure I will have some fun photos and things to share when I get back...look out Florida, I am on my way....

8 comments:

  1. Have a super vacation!!
    Love the blues of the quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time on your trip!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your winter getaway-you truly deserve it. I can't wait to hear about it during our lunch date. hugs from cold Iowa brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe journey to and from as well as enjoy your time away! Hmmm...love the pictures you shared! You are one creative and talented gal! Thinking of you!

    xoxox,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh have a wonderful, fun-filled, most fun vacation. Sounds glorious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well it's pretty chilly down here but nothing like what you have back home. Of course I am in the NE corner and it does definitely get cold here, more so than central fl. I bet you will have a great time - can't wait to hear about your adventures. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come on down the weather is great!

    ReplyDelete