Saturday, February 21, 2015

Saturday Snapshots

Fabric and threads for a pair of Halloween designs
I am working on for The World of Cross Stitching magazine...
I have been busy model stitching every night - still working on my special design for the October issue of Just Cross Stitch Magazine...and switching it up with a pair of Halloween designs for The World of Cross Stitching Magazine - they both have the same deadline (which will be here before I know it), so I have been keeping my needle super busy. I have been at the sewing machine too - working on a few quilting projects and making more machine embroidered Easter Egg ornaments for my Etsy shop.

This week, I received some wonderful cards and gifts in the mail to help me celebrate my birthday - I sure have some thoughtful and talented friends...I'm a very blessed girl! Here are some creative things I am "crushing on" this week...maybe they will inspire you...

A whimsical cupcake pincushion...

An incredible wool pincushion with handmade
pins made especially for me...

Beeswax treasures...

Somebunny loves me...isn't this handmade
gift fabulous?!

Owls, jewelry, and Starbucks...so very thoughtful...

It's all about the squirrel in this cross stitch ornament - a lovely gift!

Owl cross stitch made just for me - isn't it beautiful?!

Fabric inspiration and a fun new pattern...

Easter Egg Ornaments that can be found in my Etsy shop...

I love my new GO! Big...and will be participating in the
GO! Big Blog Hop that takes place next week...
look for my project/tutorial on March 2nd...

More on the GO! Big Blog Hop will be posted on Sunday...
stay tuned...
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend...and remember, it's the perfect day to create!

4 comments:

  1. How very very exciting!!! Congratulations on designing for 2 magazines, I thankfully subscribe to both so cannot wait until I see them in there!! And I simply love the colours too!!
    It is wonderful to hear that you are busy, I hope still finding the odd moment for yourself though?!
    Oooh lovely new accessory to your things... A "Go Big" what fun is that!! In the near future I hope to 'try' the smaller one, to help me get more into quilting. Having seen what you create, I think anything is possible!
    Oh my!! Yes Easter is almost upon us! And wow!! Loving your Easter egg decorations. They are adorable, and look so perfect to hang on an Easter tree :)
    Very sorry I missed your birthday.... Belated wishes... It was not my intention, what with me being so long in hospital, and now still unable to walk. I do hope you had a lovely birthday.
    Smiles :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your creation for the Go Big blog hop as well as your stitched projects in the upcoming magazine issues! You have received many lovely goodies for your birthday, my friend.

    Enjoy your weekend! Stay warm! Thinking of you!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your new stitchy designs. Wonderful gifts. The penny rug is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - what an inspiring post - lovely gifts - what wonderful, talented friends you have! I can hardly wait to see your new designs -
    Hugs from Eastern Iowa
    xxx

    ReplyDelete