Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pretty Little Pincushions

I have to start today's blog post by thanking everyone who has taken a moment to vote for my two finalist quilt blocks in the AccuQuilt Barn Quilt Contest - I really REALLY appreciate your votes! I can't wait to see if my block(s) make the Top 20 - I'm still crossing my fingers. If you haven't had a chance to vote - there is still time - voting is open through Wednesday, April 18th.

To vote:
Please visit: http://www.accuquilt.com/barnquilt/entry.html/
My finalist blocks are #21 and #24
Click on the boxes UNDER my blocks.
Thank you so very much (you make me happy!)..and you will be the first to know if my blocks advance to the final round!

On to today's creative post. I have been spending my afternoon's in my sewing studio - after finishing the piece for the New England Stitcher's Retreat, I found I needed a little break and have found much joy and contentment working on a few sewing/quilting projects....don't get me wrong, I have still been model stitching in the evenings, just taking a couple hours a day to unwind. I have been making a bunch of my tuffet pincushions - each is approximately 3.5" x 5" x 1.75" and adorned with a (pinned on) little wool heart. The pincushions in the photographs use the fabric collection Beach House by Blackbird Designs for Moda for the tops and coordinating wool felt for the bottoms. I have had a lot of fun putting these together and actually have a large pile (using different fabrics) to stuff and whip stitch closed - I just happened to run out of "stuffing".

So on to some BIG news: I am opening an Etsy shop where I will start listing all the pretty little things I like to make that don't have a "home". I have the storefront built and you are welcome to visit and mark it as a favorite - the "shelves" are still empty, but I will start listing items this week - including the pincushions you are seeing in this post. In addition to my pincushions, over time, I will be adding a lot of the things you have seen me post about: snack mats/mug rugs, napkin holders, ort holders, zipper pouches, project bags, drawstring bags, journal covers...pretty much whatever I feel moved to create. When I post about my sewing/quilting projects, I will be sure to let you know if I am adding those items to my Etsy shop...I will also be adding a few creative crafting supplies - such as: special die cut wool/fabric shapes, pretty pins, and supplies that relate to the projects I share with you. You can find me at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BlueRibbonDesigns...I look forward to your visit!




6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful assortment of tuffets you have created, Belinda! They are all so adorable and I know how much you enjoy creating them!

    Best wishes to you on your Etsy endeavor!

    Thinking of you!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo fingers and paws crossed on the quilt challenge .. I've voted :) and love your wee cushions ....
    well done on the etsy shop and I finally got your friendship blooms chart on Saturday .. a group of us went to Bakewell (uk) and visited the Wye Needlecraft shop there and I was soooo pleased to see they had it in :)
    love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pin cushions! Very nice distraction from stitching....

    happy stitching and sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pincushions are darling and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you on the quilt squares!

    Good luck on your Etsy adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful assortment of pin pillows Belinda - I can't wait to check out your Etsy shop. Good luck with the quilt contest. Melody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers crossed for the blocks, love the pin cushions. Good luck with the Etsy store.

    ReplyDelete