Sunday, January 11, 2015

Wintry Week

It was a bitter cold, wintry week here in Iowa, but I have been keeping nice and warm in my comfy studio. I have been sewing, quilting, and stitching...working on a plethora of new projects. I have been adding more items to my Etsy shop for Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day...and I have been finishing some fun custom orders and magazine pieces. Plus, I finished up a special cross stitch design for The Sampler Life (a Yahoo! Group and Facebook Group with a love for cross stitch and needlework samplers) SAL - Ina has been planning this designer SAL for the last month or so and I was happy to create a complimentary design especially for this project - I am not sure when she will be releasing it, but I will keep you updated (you must be a member of The Sampler Life and sign-up for the SAL - click on the links above for more info). I have also been charting more designs and model stitching for Just CrossStitch magazine, so I will keep you updated when those will be published....and one of my quilt designs will be published in Quiltmaker Magazine in the May/June issue (I just finished up the model this weekend). In my spare time, I have been working on a few design ideas that use my AccuQuilt fabric cutters...and a tutorial for the GO! Big Blog Hop taking place at the end of February/beginning of March. Over-all, it has been a busy, but creative start to 2015!

Materials for my model for The Sampler Life SAL complimentary design...
For more details on this special designer SAL and/or to sign up, visit:
The Sampler LifeYahoo! Group or
The Samplerlife Facebook Group

Chain piecing on a cold winter afternoon....

More LOVE pillows for my Etsy shop....

Starbucks in the studio...

Custom Quilt Order - Garden Patch Cats by Helene Knott (Story Quilts) - Broc-Kitty

Custom Quilt Order - Garden Patch Cats by Helene Knott (Story Quilts) - Cobby Cat

Custom Quilt Order - Garden Patch Cats by Helene Knott (Story Quilts) - Walla Walla Kitty

More LUCK pillows for my Etsy shop....

Lock and Key Heart Pincushions listed in my Etsy Shop...

I have also been doing some baking this week...and I made a huge pot of homemade chili - in these cold temperatures, it's nice to have some comfort food on hand. I have also been enjoying hot beverages in several AWESOME new mugs I received this holiday season...when it is below zero every single day, hot cups of coffee and tea are a must...and they have to be in a fun mug that will make me smile!

My favorite molasses cookies...

New Topsy Turvy mugs in my collection that arrived from my very dear
friend Terri...aren't they adorable?!

Homemade chili in the crockpot...

A FABULOUS fishy mug with purple lips, daisy eyes, and a fin handle brings
happiness to any beverage - thanks Miss Mary!!
Today, I have a roast and veggies in the slow cooker...the dogs have been walked...and I am ready to work on some itty bitty quilt blocks (YAY!). I'll be back soon to share these small quilt blocks that are part of a QM Bitty Block QAL with a free monthly block released on the first Monday of each month...this month is a Bitty 3" Bow Tie block! Check out the Quiltmaker's Magazine blog "Quilty Pleasures" for all the details:
http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2015/01/qms-bitty-blocks-adorable-small-designs/
...and I will back in the next day or two to share my bitty blocks....

3 comments:

  1. Love all you do and it just makes me happy. I have to finish your easter cross stitch pattern this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrilled that you are keeping busy with all these various projects! I bet your home smells yummy at the moment of roast and veggies. Looking forward to seeing your itty bitty blocks.

    xoxox,
    Robin

    PS Your new mugs are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh so much going on... so very pleased for you :)
    I am very excited that you are to be in Just Cross Stitch magazine... I subscribe digitally to that! AWESOME!!
    You really have been busy ... I love all that you do :)
    Your new mugs are lovely.. especially the fish!
    Happy smiles to you xx

    ReplyDelete