Sunday, August 22, 2010

Iowa State Fair - The Quilts

Here is my final Iowa State Fair post...it is the quilts...and as you will see by all the photos, there were hundreds of entries - I was in awe...it was truly an inspiring exhibit! I hope I don't overload you with pictures - I just couldn't help posting so many - it was a fabulous exhibit. A huge display upstairs, then the blue ribbon quilts were in a room on their own downstairs. The best of show was an AMAZING floral applique' quilt (see top image) - a photo could not do this beauty justice. The second photo is a whole cloth quilt ribbon winner - hand quilted white on white - it was hard to get a photo of all the detail - it was UNBELIEVABLE, a masterpiece. The top images where the quilts are shown "unfolded" are the big winners. I hope you enjoy today's photos and see something that will inspire you! I will be back tomorrow with the giveaway winners...










10 comments:

  1. Oh, how beautiful, the eye candy indeed! All the quilts are awesome. What a treat!

    Jennifer
    Feathers in the Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Those quilts are amazing!!!! And I agree, the second one is truly a master piece!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That white quilt -- simply stunning! Thanks for sharing all the pictures, Belinda! What a "party" of color!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a quilter but I know talent when I see it. That white quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe of all the fabulous quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful quilts! where there too many that they hanged them folded?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing the pics of these wonderful quilts. I've always preferred white backgrounds but the first appliques with the purple is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog! My quilt - a no ribbon-winner is in your last photo. It's on the bottom row, the turquoise and lime green one to the left of the multi-colored star quilt.

    And yes, to a previous commenter... there are so many entries, that's why the quilts are displayed folded. There's a LOT of talent in Iowa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, these are beautiful! Belinda, thanks for sharing your photos; made me long to attend the fair just to see the beautiful quilts. As a beginner quilter (I've only finished 2 small quilted items), I can only hope that someday I'll complete something as spectacular.
    Linda, I did look closely for your quilt and it is beautiful. You should be so proud of your work. And, yes, there is a lot of talent in Iowa, they are all beautiful.
    Cheryle (British Columbia, Canada)

    ReplyDelete