Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Yosemite National Park

Here it is Wednesday afternoon, and I am still suffering from the "California plague" (yes, my diagnosis has been changed from "California flu" to "California plague", which is much more accurate). I have started to feel a wee bit better and I am finally somewhat functional...my temperature has lowered and I almost able to breathe through my nose again, both of which are good signs...I am hoping to be back to normal in the next day or two...fingers crossed.

Today, I will once again let my photos do most of the talking...these gorgeous pictures are from Yosemite National Park. Last week during my trip to California, I was beyond blessed to stay with Lois and Mr. Bear for a few extra days to do some sightseeing...and Mr. Bear was kind enough to drive us to Yosemite for a day. He really had no idea what he was getting himself into, as this Iowa girl likes to stop at every single landmark for photos...he started out by giving me a time limit for each stop and by the end of the day, I was made aware I had reached my quota - no more stops...luckily by then I had a gazillion photos (and really, how many photos can you take of mountains, trees, and water??...it is really something you just have to experience in person). It was another breathtaking day filled with marvelous views and memories...and big, BIG trees (I am in a couple of the photos to show you just how BIG)...

Bridalveil Creek

Bridalveil Fall

Ribbon Fall

The Ahwahnee Hotel

Inside the Ahwahnee Hotel

Tunnel View


Horse Tail Fall

Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias
Bachelor and Three Graces

Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias
Fallen Tree

Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias
Grizzly Giant

Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias
California Tunnel Tree
(cut in 1895 to allow horse-drawn stages to pass through)

And for my faithful readers...yes, it is still all "about the squirrel"...and the bird...and the lizard...





 I hope you enjoyed seeing Yosemite National Park through my camera lens....it was truly incredible...

It was an AMAZING trip to California - I can hardly wait to go back in November! A huge thank you to all the attendees at the Elegant Stitch Workshop - I am so glad you requested to have me return - I enjoyed my time with each and everyone of you!! ...and to Lois and Mr. Bear - you know how dear you are to me - thank you for your hospitality, your love, and your friendship - you hold a very special place in my heart...

6 comments:

  1. nice pics tootsie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pictures, Belinda! I thoroughly enjoyed looking through your lens.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing photos and an amazing trip.
    I hope you feel better soon.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your great shots, BRD girl, you really are a professional aren't you? Reading this article as well as watching your photos had virtually transported me to Yosemite with you as my tour guide. And you really did a great job making that squirrel posed for your lens, lol!

    -YosemiteRiversideInn.com

    ReplyDelete