Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Jewels and Vines

I am a bit behind on my blogging (several of you have noticed and checked on me - thank  you!) - when things get hectic in my studio, my blog always seems to end up on the back burner, just simmering...and with quilt market right around the corner, I have some major freelance projects with fast turnaround times keeping me overwhelmed busy. The list is LONG - in fact, my to-do list has five different post topics I would love to show you - yep, I have been creatively busy and have a TON of things to share (needlework and quilting)...just be patient a little while longer.

So, today, I am here to share with you my September project tutorial for the AccuQuilt Blog (yes, I should have shared this last week - ho hum) - my "Jewels and Vines" table topper.

This project was cut entirely with my AccuQuilt GO! Fabric Cutter (you could also use the GO! Baby or the GO! Big Electric), along with the GO! Qube Mix & Match 9" Block and new GO! Qube 9" Companion Set-Classics....plus I used the GO! Strip Cutter-2" to cut my binding. I chose two blocks from the new GO! Qube 9" Companion Set Classics-72 Block Patterns Booklet: the GO! Drunkard’s Lane Block and the GO! Endorsement Block...and I have something VERY fun to tell you - I designed, wrote the instructions, and named all 72 of the blocks found in this pattern booklet (for all four set sizes). Now that the GO! Qube Companion Sets are available, I plan to share more with you in a future post...and I will show you just how versatile they are...but for now, we are talking about my "Jewels and Vines" project (stay on track Belinda). You can find the complete tutorial to create this  table topper on the AccuQuilt Blog - I provide you with step-by-step instructions and images:
https://www.accuquilt.com/blog/education/go-project-tutorials/jewels-and-vines-table-runner-a-quilting-tutorial/


The fabrics I used are from Timeless Treasures - a fat quarter stack I received as part of my honorable mention prize package from the 2016 AccuQuilt Quilt Block Contest -  it included several collections from Chong-a Hwang (“Essex”, “Suffolk”, and “Tree of Life”) and several Timeless Treasures Spring Basics (https://ttfabrics.com/fabric/spring-basic-10/).



Be sure to stop by the AccuQuilt Blog for a materials list and step-by-step tutorial, with images:
https://www.accuquilt.com/blog/education/go-project-tutorials/jewels-and-vines-table-runner-a-quilting-tutorial/

...and while you are there, check out a plethora of creative projects - there are TONS of wonderful ideas to get you in the sewing/quilting mood!

4 comments:

  1. Jewels and Vines is stunning, Belinda. I love how you used the fabrics to create your blocks. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty.
    Love the colors.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are so nice! Love it ♥

    ReplyDelete