Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Snow Much Fun

A couple months ago, I was busy working on today's feature project...yep, when we were all preparing for summer, I was hard at work on a snowman project (such is the life of a designer - always working months in advance)! I designed this "Snow Much Fun" wall hanging pattern especially for AccuQuilt...and now that they have released the pattern on their website, I am finally able to share it with you.

If you are a regular reader of my blog, then you know I like to use my AccuQuilt cutting die shapes in unique and creative ways...like how I designed a plethora of animals using only the GO! Owl cutting die in my GO! Talk To The Animals quilt. For the GO! Snow Much Fun Wall Hanging, I had the challenge of designing a quilt that made a fun selection of snowmen using only the GO! Holiday Accessories die and the the GO! Circle-2", 3", 5" die....add in the GO! Square-8 1/2" (8" Finished) for the applique background blocks and the GO! Strip Cutter-2 1/2" (2" Finished) for binding and you can EASILY cut this out this intricate wall hanging in an afternoon.


Since this project pattern was created for a July release, I wanted to use a bright assortment of colors...and Robert Kaufman Kona Cotton Solids seemed the perfect choice!...and although you can't see them in these images, I used some actual buttons for embellishing (instead of appliquéing some of the very small circles). I also had fun naming each of the blocks for the pattern instructions (like "Snowman Stargazer", "Snowman Snow Globe", "Snowman Love").
If you want to try one or more of these blocks, but the wall hanging seems a little daunting, here are some other suggestions...make one block and use as a mug rug...use your favorite blocks to make a table runner...one block would make a cute winter potholder or trivet...or use four blocks and make a mini quilt. Any of these options would make a heartfelt holiday gift!


So, go visit the patterns section of the AccuQuilt website and download this wintry wall hanging pattern...which for a limited time is FREE - yes, I said FREE!
http://www.accuquilt.com/shop/go-snow-much-fun-wall-hanging-pattern.html

(and during the month of July, the GO! Holiday Accessories die and the GO! Circle-2", 3", 5" die are on sale)

....and if you want to see more on how to make this cheerful project, AccuQuilt has posted a video with more details and tips for cutting all the shapes...


I hope you will make a Snow Much Fun project...and if you do, please be sure to share a photo with me - I would love to see your interpretation of my design!


1 comment: