Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Just For Fun...

Can you believe it is already the last day of May?! - how are the months disappearing so quickly? I hope you enjoyed a nice holiday weekend and (if you are in the US) spent a moment reflecting and remembering those who have died in service to our country.

After being on a business trip for two weeks, my husband (thankfully) returned last Friday and we were able to get the boat out on the water on Saturday. It was a lovely afternoon to be outside...and while my husband managed to catch some fish, I didn't catch any (boo hoo). I am quickly learning that fishing may not be "my thing"...I am not good at relaxing or sitting still (I know, shocker!), so casting a line and just waiting for a fish to bite is almost pure torture for me - I honestly don't know how my husband and his buddies can go on week long fishing trips - a couple hours without seeing a fish and am ready to head home. Now, don't get me wrong, I love being out on the water and taking in nature...I just think I need to bring a good book or some stitching along with me (especially when the fist aren't biting). In any case, it was good to be out of my studio/office and just breathe....


Before I forget, I just have to share this photo I captured of Schatzi curled up on the corner of the sofa - she usually doesn't sit still for long...and if she sees a camera, forget about it...but I came home from the gym while she was sound asleep and I managed to get a photo of the moment...



Let's see - what else has been happening...oh...we purchased a new dining room table and chairs - the first set we have ever picked out (and we have been together almost 20 years) - the others have all been secondhand. This set is counter height (which I love) and the table has two leafs that I removed for our every day living...and one side has a bench instead of two chairs. I was second guessing my choice (mainly the color) when we returned home...but when it was delivered I was thrilled - it worked out perfectly. Here is a photo of the new set-up...followed by a lunch photo (yep, I have been enjoying the table daily!)...




I have been sewing, sewing, sewing, and stitching daily...not much I can show you right now, but some fun things are on the way! Here is an image of what is currently on my table...



I also have to share, that one of my quilt block designs in AccuQuilt's Quilt Block Contest received an honorable mention as one on the top ten blocks this year - WOO HOO! I just found out it was my "Ninja Star" design...which totally surprised me (I had a different block that received quite a few votes and just assumed it was that one). I will be receiving a very fun (and useful!) prize package which includes $50 to spend at AccuQuilt, a free Craftsy class, a plethora of fabric bundles (YAY!!), and a package of batting. My prize hasn't arrived yet, but I'll be sure to post a photo when it gets here. I don't think this particular block got many (if any) consumer votes, but if you did vote for it - THANK YOU! 



Another thing to share - a couple weeks ago, I finally jumped on board with Snapchat...which I really enjoy (almost as much as Instagram) - I think it is because I LOVE taking photos. Anyway, now that I understand how it works, I really need some friends to share with...so, if you are on Snapchat, you will find me as brd_girl (Belinda K N). I share things of more of a personal nature on there (like a fishing video or a picture at the gym or my new haircut or Schatzi running through the hose in the backyard), as well as images in my studio and things I am working on...


Finally, here is an image I took early this morning in my flower garden...it is an evening primrose...which many may consider to be a weed, but the brilliant yellow flowers are quite spectacular...life is truly beauty full!


5 comments:

  1. In so behind on my blog reading. Glad you had a nice time out on the boat. I agree fishing is boring for me too. I at least need a book. ;) nice table. Oh live the fabric on your current project. Congrats on your prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pic of Schatzi.
    The table set is so pretty, and the quilt fabric too.
    Congrats on winning!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way about fishing. Can't sit still....congrats on your win, lovely new table and sweet picture of Schatzi.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. While you didn't catch anything, your time out on the water looked peaceful. Congratulations on your block getting an honorable mention award! Go Belinda! Thinking of you!

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same way.....can't stand to wait for a fish to bite so I just take a book along and read. Congrats on your block and goodies Belinda! I just got on Snapchat....still learning it but I added you! Cute pic!

    ReplyDelete