Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Winter Break

Miss Schatzi supervising snow removal...
It's been a busy week, finishing up last minute deadlines and orders before I take a vacation - yes, you heard me, I am taking a REAL vacation (gasp!). Yep, I am getting away from heaping mounds of snow (and everyday stresses) and headed to the beach and SeaWorld...a true winter vacation with my family. I managed to get quite a bit on my list accomplished...I still have a few irons in the fire, but they will wait until my return...or at least I hope they will.  I just finished up three ornament designs (one Halloween and two Christmas) for future Just CrossStitch magazines...and I am getting ready to start stitching my 2016 Komen fundraising Cross Stitch design. I have been sewing and quilting and pattern designing...and working on new pieces for my Etsy Shop - yep, my creative juices have been flowing...here's a few recent photos...

An original quilt block design project I am working on...

Another deluxe pincushion I made for a friend...perfecting my pattern...

Sneak peek - I can't show you the fronts, but here are the backs
 of two new Christmas ornament designs for JCS magazine...

Sneak peek - I can't show you the front, but here is the back
of a new Halloween ornament for JCS magazine...

A WIP update (And A Forest Grew by Rosewood Manor) -
it will be done one day...

A snippit of a new St. Patrick's Day machine applique
design/project I have been working on...

Simba keeping warm in his Michigan sweater...

So, I will be away from my studio/office from this evening (Wednesday, February 3rd) through Thursday, February 11th...all correspondence and orders will be answered/filled in the order received upon my return on February 12th...I truly appreciate your patience! I am sure I will have some fun photos and things to share when I get back...sunshine, here I come...

6 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful adventure and enjoy yourself! I like the peeks into your studio and look forward to see more down the road. Thinking of you!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your holiday!
    How funny that I feel excited to see the backs of ornies! I hope the Hallowe'en one goes well with the previous design...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your holiday Belinda! We all need time to reset our selves. I always enjoy seeing what you are up to and think of you often. I know, I should be in touch more too. Take care and have fun!

    ReplyDelete