Thursday, July 2, 2015

Thursday Tidbits

Happy Tuesday friends - is it really July already?! I have been keeping to a rigorous schedule...so much so, that I thought I posted this update several days ago - in reality, I prepared the photos and then never wrote the post. Ugh. Although I haven't found much time to blog lately, I have been keeping busy with a wide range of creative projects! I have done a plethora of red, white, and blue sewing/quilting for customers (my own original designs)...and I have my next five customer projects cut and ready to piece...and I am currently sewing a large customer quilt that combines Ohio Star blocks and Nine-Patch blocks. I received three new AccuQuilt Cutting dies that I am looking forward to playing with, as well...I just need a few more hours in each day! I am stitching every evening on my exclusive Komen 3-Day fundraising piece...which is coming along beautifully...look a little further down in this post for a peek. I am also doing daily training walks with Schatzi and going to the gym...and trying desperately to keep up with house and yard work. Yep, as always, I am keeping busy, but I am in a good place and enjoying my crazy schedule...






I continue to see beauty and inspiration on my daily walks...and I try to snap a few photos along the way. With the flooding, we are not able to go to the lake (or walk some of our favorite trails), so we have been walking the neighborhood. Here are just a few photos of what has been inspiring me...I love to soak in the colors this time of year...





Finally, last weekend, I took a (rare) moment to unwind and relax - my husband and I enjoyed margaritas on our deck...and even lit the fire pit...it was a lovely evening...


So now, it is back to my schedule...I have an hour of cardio at the gym, a lawn to mow, dogs to walk, and a date with my sewing machine...

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous update, Belinda! Love seeing the nature shots from your walks. Your patriotic finishes are super. I really like the sneak peek of your Komen piece. Hope you will take a few minutes this weekend to relax and put your feet up. Thinking of you!

    xoxox,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your sewing projects and your sneak peak. Don't forget about YOU time and maybe a little time for me (haha). Hope to see you soon. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all of your projects - you are so creative! As a fellow 3-Day Walker (michigan), I am really looking forward to seeing this year's project - the sneak peak is so intriguing!

    You truly are one very busy lady - glad you got to enjoy a littler"deck time" with your hubby😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual your creations are awesome! Can' wait to see the new Susan G. Komen piece. Happy 4th of July to you and Tavis!

    ReplyDelete