Saturday, December 20, 2014

Winter Whirlwind

Wow...I can't believe it has been two weeks since my last post - where has the time gone?? To be honest, the last couple weeks have been a whirlwind of work deadlines and I've barely had time to breathe....but it's all good GREAT, because I am still pursuing my passion...

In the Christmas department - there is no news. This year it is a quiet holiday...in fact, I have joked that I have canceled Christmas...to be honest, I have been so focused on work obligations that I haven't even thought of decorating, baking, shopping, wrapping, caroling, or cards. This year is a first for me - I haven't had a chance to make one single gift or send one single package (which is something I really enjoy). Those who know me well understand - I'm definitely not bah humbug, I'm just taking a break from Christmas...

In the stitching department, I have been working on (believe it or not) Halloween designs for Just CrossStitch magazine...these designs will be published in 2015. Obviously I can't share them just yet...but here is a teaser of one of them...I have several more designs and ornaments to complete for JCS...lots of fun things are on the way...


...and since I can't show you my upcoming designs, here is a peek at what is in my personal stitching basket...Winter Wonderland by Blackbird Designs....


In the fun mail department - I have received a couple AMAZING Christmas packages with wonderful wrapped gifts (which I am saving until Christmas)...my fabulous friends who sent them had no way of knowing that I had cancelled Christmas...they'll be waiting a wee bit longer this year for a package from me. I also received the coveted Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks mug - woo hoo! - the designers who participate in the special 100 Blocks issue each receive one...who knew how fun it would be to drink out of a mug with one of my block designs on it - it is my current favorite thing!


In the kids department...we had a few clear days last week, and the snow has melted away, so Schatzi and I have been stopping at the park on our early morning walks for a few rousing games of fetch...and Simba is still looking for sunshine (which is rare this time of year) or a warm lap....



In the sewing and quilting department...my machine was purring all week long and filled with deadlines...unfortunately, I can't show you any of the finished products as they are for AccuQuilt, a magazine, and several customers...but here are a few peeks...







I can't wait to share some of these pieces with you...they are so much FUN! This coming week, I have more special projects to do, contracted designing, more magazine designs, some needlework finishing, and some customer projects (window coverings, project bags, and wall hangings) - it will be another full week and that is fine with me! Tonight I am cleaning up the studio so I can get started on list...

...but I do plan to take a couple hours off to watch a movie with my husband and enjoy a nice glass of wine. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful teasers you gave us! I look forward to seeing the completed projects when you can unveil/reveal them. Enjoy your evening with Travis! I love your snowy picture; please send it my way.

    xoxoxoox,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending warm holiday wishes to you and yours, and Simba/Schatzi too! Have a glass for me:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are busy!
    All great projects.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teasers:) You certainly are busy! Schatzi and Simba look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun teasers. Looks like you are one busy little bee. Simba can come and visit here, we are having sun today. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete