Sunday, December 28, 2014

Comfort and Joy

It's been a quiet week in our household...we enjoyed a small Christmas celebration/dinner with my husband's parents...and other than that, it has business as usual. For some reason, I basically skipped Christmas this year (which is unlike me)...I usually thoroughly enjoy making and sending gifts and cards, but this year, it just didn't happen. I spent the weeks leading up to the holidays working on some gigantic project deadlines and I still have a table full of custom and finishing work to complete. I am taking this afternoon to work on a couple small gifts...so the fun squirrel card I received from my "sister" in NH (shown right) is exactly how I feel! I did receive some VERY fun surprises from faraway friends across the country and they know how much I truly appreciate them and the gift of their friendship...I am a very blessed girl...and they know one day something special will show up in their mailbox from me. My sewing table and stitching nest have been overflowing with creativity and although I can't show you the projects I have been working on just yet, here are some photos of things that are currently inspiring me and making me smile....

How awesome is this memo/memory board and clips??
It was made for me by a very dear friend...

Yep - that's a cross stitch squirrel on a tiny sled...and some beautiful
fat quarters...I'm in love...

Sometimes a gift from a faraway friend brings happy tears to your eyes...
this is "so me"...isn't it perfect?!

A custom project in the works...I've used this Riley Blake fabric
before - it makes me happy!


GORGEOUS Jan Mullen fabrics from a new friend in WA - don't they
immediately brighten your mood? I haven't been able to shop for fabrics
in a while so receiving this fun assortment was a TREAT!

Working on a custom stitching wallet - the last one I will be able to make in these
cheerful  fabrics...good thing my stash is full of many other fabulous fabrics!

I hope the Christmas holiday was magical for you and filled with family, friends, and festivities!

In closing today, I want to take a moment and thank each and every one of you who has continually supported the many avenues of Blue Ribbon Designs - your love and encouragement bring me joy on a daily basis. As a designer, I put my heart and soul out there for everyone to see and you always receive it with such kindness and generosity - thank you from the bottom of my heart - your support is truly a gift.

3 comments:

  1. Your squirrel card made me chuckle! What a fun memory board to receive! It looks like you are keeping busy and I know that is a blessing for you. Thinking of you!

    xoxoox,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee your squirrel card is cute, made me giggle :)
    Oooh yes your busy, always busy... love so much what you make :)
    Yes! Bright fabrics make me want to smile too :)
    Christmas smiles :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute squirrels. Very sweet gifts you received. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete