Monday, September 1, 2014

"Owls in Moonlight"

Can you believe how quickly the summer months have passed?? - I can't believe it is already September...where does the time go?! Halloween items are popping up everywhere...and stores are already getting out their Christmas holiday displays...personally, I'd be content to keep the summer months here just a little bit longer...but it is time to start working on Halloween and holiday items, if you want to have them completed in time to display this year...

The current issue of Just CrossStitch Magazine (October 2014) features a Halloween Ornament Spooktacular that includes ten ornaments to stitch up and decorate your Halloween tree....and yes, you can find Blue Ribbon Designs in this feature. My Halloween ornament this year is titled "Owls in Moonlight" and is a fun, quick stitch!  You can locate my ornament and all the details on page 55. The entire ornament is worked in cross stitch...and I used Weeks Dye Works linen (Confederate Gray) and Weeks Dye Works cotton floss (a DMC conversion is also provided). There are TONS of fabulous ways to finish your Halloween ornaments - for this particular ornament, I chose a flat-finish....and I used two-tone twisted cord in orange and black for a special touch. This is the autumn issue, so there are a plethora of fall designs, as well...including a Quaker Acorn Etui by Praiseworthy Stitches and Give Thanks by Hands On Designs. You can find this issue of Just CrossStitch magazine at your favorite needlework shop or on newsstands now...

8 comments:

  1. Way to go, Belinda! What an adorable pair of owls!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it; I guess I will have to purchase the magazine just for your ornament. You are my all-time idol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My copy arrived a few days ago. Love the owls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute owls! They're my favourite bird really :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't subscribed to JCS in years and years but just recently re-subscribed - I think they are getting better. Love your Owl ornament - I'm sure I will do that one and I love your offering in the JCS Christmas ornament issue too. Way down here in the deep south - we are SO ready for some cooler temps - it's been a dreadfully hot August and I'm ready to roll with autumn. Enjoy the season - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this magazine, love the Owls.
    Congratulations on your ornament in the issue.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete