Tuesday, November 13, 2012

On The Agenda...

It is going to be another busy week here at the Blue Ribbon Designs studio! I have so many projects and activities in the works...but really, when are things ever calm here?? I have a list a mile long...so it is a good GREAT thing my dear friend in California send me an AMAZING journal to keep my thoughts and lists organized...isn't it adorable?! I just love the sentiments, ribbons, and pictures on the cover...and have already filled multiple pages with writing, trying to keep myself on track...

Here is a little bit about what is going on in my world...
I made a trip to the local quilt shop last Friday to pick-up more machine embroidery thread - I have been making all sorts of machine embroidered lace snowflake ornaments to list in my Etsy shop...they are not posted yet, but will be soon - I am finishing up a HUGE batch before listing them. I will post some photos and more details here when I am ready to put them in the shop...


Of course when I visited the quilt shop, a couple other things caught my eye...I just adore the line of fabric Odds and Ends by Julie Comstock of Cosmo Cricket for Moda (the large piece of fabric in the photo)! I have a fun plan for this fabric...and of course I needed a few zippers...and a pattern by one of my favorite designers (Terry Atkinson) called "Popovers" - cute little pouches that will be perfect for the holidays...


My days have been filled working on the printing files for two new design releases - "Sunflower Serenade" and "Berries, Birds, and Blooms". I have finished up the files and the designs are now in printing production. There will be more details posted soon and I will have a release date for you in the near future (patience please). I have also been working on a large new project...and I can't give you any information just yet...but know there is something VERY special in the works and you will be hearing all about it SOON! I also have the class design for the Elegant Stitch Workshop underway...Lois has a "teaser" up on her website, but there will be much more information on this project in the coming weeks, as well....just give me a little more time.

I really wish I had some time for sewing and quilting, but things have been a bit hectic - I do have some fun ideas for holiday sewing and I hope to share some with you in the coming weeks! I am actually going through a bit of sewing machine withdrawal - I am just itching to work on a new project or two....however, that will have to wait while I work on a custom order for twenty-five needlebooks (yes, I really need more hours in each day!)...

So, I am off to tackle more items on my list...and get in my exercise for the day - a power walk (more on that later this week)...plus Simba needs a little attention too...


1 comment:

  1. Lovely journal to have received! Love the cover! Great finds at the quilt shop and your snowflakes look fabulous! Looking forward to your big news and the upcoming release of your newest charts!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete