Thursday, October 4, 2012

Spectacular Shopping

JJ Stitches vendor booth - a personal favorite!
Did you enjoy my post yesterday with photos from the AQS Quilt Show - including the Des Moines Area Quilters Guild 29th Annual Quilt Show and the AQS Quilt Show Contest?...well, if that wasn't enough - the show included a merchandise mall with around 130 vendors! Yes, there was shopping GALORE - aisles upon aisles of ways to spend your hard-earned money...in fact, the shopping mall was so large, it took us the entire morning to walk down each of the aisles. I must admit, I did very well at controlling my "urge" to spend and kept my purchases to a minimum...in fact, I only purchased a couple items (although I was tempted by MANY). I thought I would share a few of my favorite booths with you..and yes, these photos were all taken with permission....

Kimber and I had a few merchants on our "must visit" list...and right at the very top was Dawn Heese at Linen Closet Designs. Dawn and I have been online friends on Twitter for years and I had always wanted to meet her in person...she has a fabulous assortment of quilting books and patterns...AND she designs fabric! Her lovely booth did not disappoint - it was filled with vintage charm and models of all her latest designs (I'm not going to lie - I'm sure I drooled a little!). Dawn was delightful and was kind enough to let me snap a few photos of her display...
Oh...and I should mention...one of my limited purchases was a stack of eighteen fat quarters from her new fabric line "Best Wishes" for Henry Glass & Co. I just adore how Dawn worked her love of vintage postcards into the collection - these fabrics are GORGEOUS in person. To see more Linen Closet Designs, visit your favorite quilt shop or
http://www.linenclosetdesigns.bigcartel.com/...

Dawn surround by her LOVELY quilts...



Our next stop was Yellow Creek Quilt Designs. Yellow Creek Quilt Designs is a quilt shop in Pearl City, Illinois....and not only do they offer quilting materials and supplies - but they have their own original quilt patterns and designs! This was a large (and busy) booth filled with a traditional, yet homespun appeal...and all sorts of treasures... My favorite Yellow Creek Quilt Designs model on display was Grant's March (shown in the top left of the first photo)...



The next photo comes to you from The Cottage Rose - A Quilt Shop. This quaint booth had adorable lights hanging above the displays and all sorts of fun items! The Cottage Rose is a full service quilt shop in Marion, Iowa  that offers original patterns and designs.....they had a friendly booth with some wonderful autumn items!


A favorite stop for both Kimber and myself was the Mountain Lodge Antiques booth. Cindy Adams, the owner, was extremely interesting to speak with and quite knowledgeable. She talked with us at length - giving us history on a number of items in her extensive booth and sharing her vast knowledge. She was quite personable...and it was a treat to hear her talk about some of the special vintage quilts and fabric panels in her booth. For me, it was also quite wonderful to see yards of vintage trims, laces, and silk ribbon for sale...
Cindy does not have a website (yet), but you can reach her by e-mail at: gandcadams@comcast.net.


Cindy in her "history-filled" booth...


I think the best display was done by JJ Stitches. This charming booth was warm and cozy...and featured vintage furniture, displays, and beds...it was extremely inviting! Beautiful patterns and beautiful quilts - I wanted to spend my afternoon relaxing in this space...



These were just a few highlights from our visit...there were many other wonderful displays filled with shopping delights. Of course I had to visit my "new best friend" Phyllis Paul from Cozy Quarters...you may remember, I fell (head over heels) in love with Phyllis's designs at the Omaha Quilters' Guild Quilt Show back in June (you can read that post and see photos of her booth by visiting this link). I couldn't wait to see what new designs Phyllis had available...her pieces make me immediately happy! Here is the other item I purchased...the Cozy Catch All pattern and kit...isn't it WONDERFUL?! Again - I simply adore her detailed/embellished packaging! Visit: http://designsbycozyquarters.com/store/ to see more of Phyllis's AMAZING designs and kits....


So there you have it -  a look at my shopping experience at the Des Moines AQS Quilt Show and Contest....I hope you enjoyed this little photographic journey! Tomorrow I will share what I purchased at the antique mall we visited after the event...

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your adventures in the merchandise mall, Belinda! Your pictures and journaling about it allow us to have a "front row seat" without leaving home! Off to check out the links you provided!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. the imagination and the art work always amazes me. I would want to buy everything. thank you for sharing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete