Thursday, October 18, 2012

On My Way To Enfield, NH...

Enfiled, NH - Mascoma Lake - the Great Stone Dewlling House is on the far right...
Click To Enlarge
My suitcase is packed again, and I am ready to fly back to the East Coast - today I leave for one of my favorite teaching destinations (The Great Stone Dwelling House in Enfield, NH) for another teaching trip. I am so excited to see good friends (there will be quite a few familiar faces) and add more new members to my stitching family...it is always fun when needleworkers take over the Enfield Shaker Museum! The New England Stitcher's Retreat has been kind enough to have me return each year....and although I normally design a Shaker project, this year they asked for a special Halloween project. The class project is titled "Mischief at Midnight" and is a needlework tray with a Halloween scene - along with a unique needlebook gate, a scissor fob, and a pinkeep. I had so much fun coming up with this class idea...and I can't wait to share it with the stitchers in attendance....we are going to have a spooktacular time! If you can't make it to Enfield NH this year and like the project, never fear, it will be released to the general public in the fall of 2013....you will just have to be patient...  And if you can't attend, but have always wanted to take a class at The Great Stone Dwelling House, I'll let you in on a little secret (sshhhhhh) - I have been asked to return in October 2013 - the details are still a little sketchy, but I will have more information in the coming months to share with you!

The event starts Friday evening, but I have a few free hours Friday during the day - I am looking forward to seeing my dear friend Ruth (who lives in NH) - she is picking me up bright and early and we are going to do a little sightseeing. We have a few places in Vermont on our list...including King Arthur Flour....I am giddy with anticipation...spending some quiet time with Ruth is the perfect treat!!

I guess I should stop procrastinating and get my travel details in order (I leave in a couple hours)... I will be taking lots of photographs and hope to share some with you during my trip (check the BRD Facebook page, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram)...my correspondence will be limited, so if you send me a message, please know I will reply, but it may take several days. To those of you attending - safe travels - I can't wait to see you - we are going to have a MARVELOUS time!

"Mischief at Midnight" Class Project - click to enlarge

6 comments:

  1. what a beautiful panoramic view of New England! Gorgeous this time of year. I will have to put the next retreat on my calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about your trip, especially King Arthur. It's a place I can't wait to see some day. All new digs for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wanted to come along tooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaahhh home, just wish I was home in New Hampshire now so I could go to the retreat and enjoy Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful trip and adventure, Belinda! Looking forward to seeing pictures about your journey!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the project you've chosen for this retreat! Such a great location too!

    ReplyDelete