Saturday, August 11, 2012

Friendship and Fabric

My last week has been consumed with model stitching - I finished up a pair of winter designs for Cross-Stitch & Needlework magazine...stitched and finished some needlework smalls for an upcoming class...and got quite a bit completed on a model for The World of Cross Stitching magazine. After taking the entire day off on Monday for a road trip with my girlfriends, I have been frantically trying to complete my ever-growing to-do list...but what's new?! I haven't had a single moment of time with my sewing machine, which is making me cranky...so that may happen later today...I have a huge pile of items cut and ready to sew for my Etsy shop.

I did have the most special mail day on Friday...a (complete) surprise package arrived from my very dear friend Robin - Robin is one of those friends that makes me smile on a daily basis, even though she is miles away. Her friendship is a true blessing and (although she may not know it) she has taught me many meaningful lessons - she truly brightens my days with her beautiful spirit. Robin's package included a lovely handmade card...an adorable pattern for cinnamon roll pincushions (which I have never seen before)....and two cuts of "perfect for me" fabric - both with birds, of course! The seagull fabric is Sandy Shores by Whistler Studios from Windham Fabrics (Sue Donnelly, if you are reading this, it brings me back to our drive along the ocean shore and your hysterical laughter as I took millions of photos of the seagulls)....and the fabric panel is Feather Your Nest by Diane Knott for Clothworks. I am definitely looking forward to trying out the "On A Roll!" pattern (Susie C Shore Designs) and finding the perfect use for my new stash of fabric! 



Well, I think I will try to get in that quilting time this afternoon - the house is quiet and I really need some alone time with my sewing machine...my days are just better when I can play with fabric and thread....

3 comments:

  1. Glad the package arrived and brought a smile to your face! Hope you have some time to "play" with your sewing machine, fabrics, and thread later!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the birds and nests. Gorgeous. I see so many wonderful quilt designs nowadays and I long to jump head first into the quilting world, I think once I overcome this crazy first timer fears I will gladly join in. For now I will cross stitch to my hearts content. LOL

    ReplyDelete