Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sewn With Love

Things have been a little bit hectic here to say the least...I have been stitching my days away, working on new designs for market release - I've been designing two new class pieces - and I've been working on several magazine designs...all that leaves little time for sewing (especially when I have been under the weather). I put the final stitches in on "Redwork Garden" last night (I'll share it with you very soon!) and it made it to the framer today - we had picked the molding last week and it should be finished up tomorrow...so with that HUGE project completed, I decided to take a little "me time" this afternoon and quilt and bind this very fun Valentine table runner.

This strippy table runner was such a treat to work on...I really enjoyed the entire project. I used the pattern "Strippy Table Set" by Patterns by Jean Boyd...and the fabric is mainly from the collection Sent With Love by Deb Strain for Moda (this is a Valentine line from last year). This is a Jelly Roll (2 1/2" strip) friendly pattern, for those of you with leftover strips in your stash...and making it extra awesome - the wedge shaped pieces are not cut to an exact shape - you just cut them quick and easy with your rotary cutter (this gives it an even more "scrappy" look and makes it SO simple). The sashing/border strips and cornerstone squares were all cut with my AccuQuilt GO! fabric cutter (but could easily be done with a rotary cutter)...making this a great beginner project for those of you just learning (or wanting to learn) to quilt. The finished size is approximately 31" x 31"...and the pattern includes directions to make matching place mats (which I would definitely make if there were more hours in each day!). I can see this table runner and place mats done with all sorts of different fabrics...especially autumn fabrics...wouldn't it make a lovely Thanksgiving table setting?!

So now that I have had a little playtime, it is back to work - I have to finish stitching some needlework smalls, so they will be ready to put together tomorrow...I have photography to get done...and I have a long list of details to complete in order to get my three new designs to the printer early next week. I can't wait to share the new designs with you...and then start stitching on class designs for this fall...so many fun new things are on the horizon...

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely table runner you created! Glad you had some time to play with your sewing! Congratulations on getting Redwork Garden finished; looking forward to seeing it!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo that is very pretty and valentiney .... glad to hear you've got the stitching done you needed to and also almost there with the patterns and every one needs a wee bit of me time once in awhile :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you have been under the weather, you need some California sunshine.
    Love the quilt, puts you in the Valentine spirit.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches
    PS- Found some of those wonderful heart pins at Joann's that you had at the fall retreat.

    ReplyDelete