Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Winter Inspiration

I have been on work overload the last week...playing catch-up after being gone most of the month of October for teaching events. Yesterday, I finally got my desk under control and the to-do list is almost manageable. Late last night, I was able to sit down and work on some long overdue model stitching...I actually got quite a bit accomplished (which was encouraging). Before heading to bed, I decided to sneak a peek outside to see if the snow had started yet...and sure enough, the ground was covered with big white flakes...with it being late at night (well, actually early morning at 1:48 AM) and our first snow of the season, I quickly grabbed my camera and got several beautiful shots from our front steps. The snow was so peaceful with the night sky...and the big fluffy flakes seamed to float through the air...I just had to share these whimsical photographs with you...

Later today, I am expecting a package from California...you know, the one with all my stash purchases and goodies (all the great stuff that I couldn't fit in my suitcase)...so, hopefully I will be back soon with some fun, creative things to share with you! ...and if I am really lucky, I will find some time in my hectic schedule to do a little sewing and/or machine embroidery today - the holidays are approaching quickly and I have so many gifts to prepare....

10 comments:

  1. ohhh love those photos and I hope your stash arrives safely and then you get to play :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures! I'm one of those nutty people who love snow. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photographs - but please just keep the snow on your side of the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great snow shots, hard to believe it is snowing already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your snowy pictures.
    They forecast a horror winter over here. Beginning somewhere in November. But coming week I'm going to soak up some sun in Tucson az.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your photos, reminds me of paintings.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, I love your snowy night pictures! I probably would have stood there watching the snow fall instead of heading to bed!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely, your photos.
    It made me feel so peaceful just seeing them.
    Time to hibernate with my stitching!

    ReplyDelete