Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Beautiful Button Bags

I had so much fun making these special little button bags yesterday afternoon. They were actually made for my dear friends Merry and Kimber, as we are getting together later this morning for some girl time, tea, and lunch. We have been planning this time together for several months...and as always, the three of us have been looking forward to spending a morning/afternoon sharing. laughing, and (of course) eating. We have a habit of making and bringing little gifts for one another...and I had been planning these sweet little bags for some time. I didn't use a pattern...I just had the idea and ran with it. I had found this wonderful button fabric months ago...and used my sewing machine to do the ribbon casings - and my serger to do the rolled hem edge and piecing. I added a couple fun wool/fabric/button flowers to the front and satin ribbons for closure...then filled them with handfuls of buttons (some new, some vintage, some novelty). I was just tickled with how they turned out and have made a few more for future gifts...I may even keep one for myself! I think these will be perfect for our get together today - speaking of which, I am running a little late, so I will cut this short...but I am sure I will be back later with photos of the festivities....

4 comments:

  1. What a cute project! Love your button bags! Bet your friends were thrilled to receive them!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bags! I'm sure your friends will love them.
    Kate
    kates floss box . blogspot . com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little button bags are adorable!! I wish I had even a little smidge of your creativity.

    ReplyDelete