Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Sewing Projects - Sweet Treat Bags

If you have collected an array of small gifts for a person on your list, why not try making a Sweet Treats Bag? I have been collecting gifts for my friend Mary for quite some time - instead of putting them all in a box, I wrapped them in tissue and put them inside this fun pouch with a flap. These bags are easy to put together and a good project for a beginner - pick a holiday cotton print or a fabric especially for the recipient....add a fabric covered button....and tie it closed with a festive ribbon - it works perfectly for "wrapping" gifts. This bag is made by sewing together 1-1/2" strips (made easy by purchasing Moda pre-cut HoneyBuns) - but you could use any size strip you fancy...and the pattern could easily be adjusted to make almost any size. The supply list is minimal and these sew up quickly using fusible fleece for a nice sturdy padding. Inside this treat bag I placed a handmade pincushion, buttons, a fat quarter, and a couple sewing treats I specially gathered over the past few months. Want to try your hand at making one of these?? - well, you are in luck - Moda Fabrics has posted a free pattern for the Sweet Treats Bag online!

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! Love your holiday fabrics! Thanks for sharing the link, Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea - so lovely and lucky recipient - enjoy the season! Melody

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea for the holidays - thanks for sharing your photo and the link to the directions. I'm thinking a red/pink/white one for Valentine's Day since I'm pretty much done with Christmas prep at this point. Merry Christmas, Belinda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bag - what a great idea. Was it easy to make? I did print out the directions to try one on my own.
    I decorated my tree this past weekend and hung up my ornament I finished at the Mystic 1 retreat. It looks lovely. Hope you have a happy holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable bag! It's times like this when I wish I had a sewing machine and that I wasn't so sewing challenged!!

    ReplyDelete