Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Couple More Ornaments...

While I had all my ornament finishing supplies out and I was on a roll making twisted cord, I decided to finish two more ornaments I had stitched a while back...pictured left Joy, Love, Peace by JBW Designs (from Christmas Keepsakes II)...and pictured right Noel Squared by Lizzie Kate. I decided to use the flat-finishing method for both of these ornaments - and they were pretty quick and easy to do - to me, not as labor intensive as pillow finishing. It was nice to complete a couple ornaments that were not for "work", just for "fun"! A few more ornaments for my ever-growing basket full and my "yet to get" tree...yes, I know, I REALLY *NEED* to get a tree this year...the guilt of hundreds of ornaments feeling the need to be displayed is weighing on me heavy...

....and as promised, here is an update on my "Winter Wonderland" by Blackbird Designs....yep, I actually worked on it late at night when I was having difficulty sleeping. I'm not sure why I work downward instead of across....in fact, normally, I would have done all the vine border first, then started working in the center - I guess I just really wanted to get to the reindeer. This is such a fun stitch...and I figure, if I can get in a few stitches each week, I may have it done in the next year. I think this will be my plane project for when I travel to Mystic, CT next week - since it is actually stitched on 30-count (which seems gigantic to me!), it is a good traveling project.

Forcing myself to find a few moments each day to do something I enjoy that is not business related seems to be working out well - I feel a little more balanced....and as you can see, I have something to show for it. My holiday table runner is completely appliqued and is ready for the final piecing - maybe that will be my next update! For now, my printer is humming away - finishing what is left of the class materials for Stitcher's Hideaway next week, so it is time to get back to the grind...

10 comments:

  1. Your ornament finishing is gorgeous! They are beautiful. Your progress picture is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ornament finishing is perfect! I envy you because I stink at that type of thing. Love your progress picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous ornament finishes, Belinda! Perfection! Love the colors in your BBD piece! Hmmm...can't wait to see your update on your table runner!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty Ornaments. Love the finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ornaments are gorgeous!!!! I love the BBD piece!! They just have the most beautiful designs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ornaments are beautiful Belinda and I love your progress on the BBD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just caught up on your posts for the last week or so. You have been busy and have some wonderful progress to show for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep sitting here thinking about all the ornaments I have stitched, but not finished and how I have a brand new tree in the box for this year just waiting for those ornaments..I'm not that far away from you, maybe we should decorate my tree with your ornaments and take a picture! :) You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed seeing your progress on Winter wonderland. I have this one in my stash and it's such a great piece.
    Your ornaments are all finished so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute BBD! Isn't it funny that if there's a part that you really want to do, you can completely work out of your routine. I do that (in fact have done that with your designs)! Love the sundae in the post after this one - very cute!! I am glad to see so many people step up to the breast cancer awareness! Keep stitching for enjoyment to - helps keep us sane!

    ReplyDelete