Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bounding Bunny

I would love to brag and tell you I made this adorable leaping bunny...but it was actually made my my dear and talented friend Merry. She gave it to me as a gift for my birthday last year...and I simply love it! I am not sure if there was a design/pattern for this fun piece...knowing Merry, the idea just popped into her head and she ran with it....and isn't the little penny rug perfect?! The bunny is sitting on an antique oil can...and to make it even more whimsical, is wearing a lovely beaded necklace...to me, this was such a special handmade gift. And although I am sharing this tiny treasure with you for the Easter weekend, this piece is actually on display in my studio year-round...it truly makes me happy! Wishing you a blessed Easter...filled with happiness...

There is still time to enter my latest giveaway (a Stitching Companion Owl)....see the previous post for details...one lucky follower will be randomly chosen from all comments (on the Owlivia and Friends...and Giveaway Post) on Thursday, April 8th....

4 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you and yours! I love that bunny, such a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute piece - love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute bunny! Love that penny rug, too!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete